JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Fellas,

I finally broke down and got a 7.62X39 bolt rifle. I've been on the fence about one for 5 years, and I nearly bought a CZ 527 because of it's wooden beauty and craftsmanship. I brushed that idea aside and went with a different thought process: "What would be a complement bolt gun to the SKS?" was the true underlying reasoning. Rugged and peon inexpensive. So I went with a Ruger American Ranch rifle, aside from it being the least $pendy, it can take Mini 30 mags too (I intend on running 10 rounders). At less than half the cost of a CZ, it just made sense to me, plus there was one at my Bass Pro (truth be known), and they're tough to find. I've got Vortex Crossfire 2X7X32 and a couple Pro Mags on it's way for it. Yes logic made me buy it, and that's the story I'm sticking too :cool: PAX

It's home and built. PAX

X39-bolt-001.jpg

I'm pretty sure you could always change the stock to the Boyd's if desired at a later date. Interested in how she performs and how the mini mags do for you. I have been looking at one myself. I currently have an American predator in 6.5 with two deer behind it. Cant go wrong with the rifles for the price point. Enjoy your rifle and safe shooting.

The CZ is a superior rifle, should have gone with your initial idea.

Yes the CZ IS very nice but didn't make sense to me because of the cost, use, or value. Not to mention mag capacity. I have many hunting rifles and a cheap X39 bolt fills the need just dandy to help nibble at my 10K ammo stash :cool:. Not to mention everything is out of stock. I think the Ruger & CZ have similar accuracy

I think the Ruger & CZ have similar accuracy

Not even close. I know several people here that have owned them and I've shot a couple different specimens. The Ruger American is not what I would call "consistent".

Now the CZ? They are lights out accurate.

The set trigger on the CZ is the reason I still want one.

Eventually I will buy a CZ in 7.62x39. Eventually!!!

I miss going to Cabelas and grabbing 10-30 of these at $2.99 for my SKS back in the day!
1612387487342.jpeg
If I could still do that today, I'd already own the bolt 7.62x39!

OP post up some targets! That looks like a fun and light weight rig!

Should have gone CZ, Ruger has been having quality control issues now for over a year, I would not trust them so quickly.
I've also seen a lot of the Ruger's recent quality control when I working in the Gun Library(used guns section) of Cabela's.
I handled many Ruger's that were poorly bedded, all newer guns, which really disappointed me cause I liked the price on an American we had in .450 Bushmaster.

I also have a buddy that lets me shoot my guns and his on his property, he won't buy factory new Ruger's anymore and he generally liked the company before he got a few guns that weren't right. He had to re-bed the ones he owns, which shot much better after his work + Volquartsen parts.

I wouldn't buy one over a CZ even if the CZ price was $900 and the Ruger $250. Not worth it to me, I want my guns to be consistently accurate out of the box. Rugers QC on handguns lately isn't the greatest either, shot my buddies MKIV Hunter(6.7"barrel) next to my Ruger standard(same gun just much older, mine was dated 1950 by the serial) the older and shorter barrel Ruger Standard I was able to shoot a group twice as small as the group I shot the newer MKIV. The old gun even had worse sights.(just fixed all black notch and post)

I miss going to Cabelas and grabbing 10-30 of these at $2.99 for my SKS back in the day!
View attachment 819746
If I could still do that today, I'd already own the bolt 7.62x39!

OP post up some targets! That looks like a fun and light weight rig!

Sorry to have to post this BUT I've had numerous squibs from that brand. BEWARE. I am in the process of CAREFULLY shooting the last of it up and never buying it again. If you get a CLICK, STOP, wait a minute and then clear everything and check your bore for obstructions !

Should have gone CZ, Ruger has been having quality control issues now for over a year, I would not trust them so quickly.
I've also seen a lot of the Ruger's recent quality control when I working in the Gun Library(used guns section) of Cabela's.
I handled many Ruger's that were poorly bedded, all newer guns, which really disappointed me cause I liked the price on an American we had in .450 Bushmaster.

I also have a buddy that lets me shoot my guns and his on his property, he won't buy factory new Ruger's anymore and he generally liked the company before he got a few guns that weren't right. He had to re-bed the ones he owns, which shot much better after his work + Volquartsen parts.

I wouldn't buy one over a CZ even if the CZ price was $900 and the Ruger $250. Not worth it to me, I want my guns to be consistently accurate out of the box. Rugers QC on handguns lately isn't the greatest either, shot my buddies MKIV Hunter(6.7"barrel) next to my Ruger standard(same gun just much older, mine was dated 1950 by the serial) the older and shorter barrel Ruger Standard I was able to shoot a group twice as small as the group I shot the newer MKIV. The old gun even had worse sights.(just fixed all black notch and post)

I like my LCPs and my new RSRH .454 with zero issues but have no experience with their rifles

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top