JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the unfortunate problem where weight on my belt leads to exposing my backside; probably due to an increased circumference of the obliques than that if the glutes :s0114:. This makes carrying a full sized gun on my belt quite uncomfortable, more so on a long walk in the woods.

I liked the idea of a chest holster for hiking, but I wanted to keep the draw at the hip. That lead to this contraption. Essentially, it's a standard pancake, but I added a kydex attachment to the back that allows me to take the weight off of my belt by using a leather strap.

I used high density vegetables tanned horse hide for the construction. It's generally stronger than cow hide and with the saddle stitching done by hand, this should last a long time. Saddle stitching is great (as apposed to machine stitching) because if one section of the stitching is cut, the rest hold tight.

I thought about molding the holster to the XDm 10mm, but by not doing so it allows the holster to accommodate most full sized hand guns.

I tested it out today and it works perfectly. Added bonus is feeling like Indiana Jones.
IMG_20200405_140740535.jpg IMG_20200405_140756278.jpg IMG_20200405_140824076.jpg IMG_20200405_140132256.jpg

Very clever.
A few decades back my cowboy gunbelt (with TWO six shooters) was afflicting me the same way. I found an on=line solution. The otherwise regular x-brace over the shoulder elastics went down to belt level. Instead of the alligator clips or buttons, it featured a little channel U-shape trough the bottom of the gun belt fit in. It was effective in suspending the entire rig thru 6 stage matches.
I like the looks of yours better.

Good luck with your hikes.

Last Edited:
I've got the harness and a couple of the holsters, both semi and revolver. There are a number of different sizes, but none that will fit the Five Seven or the 460V unfortunately. I wish they had one that the Five Seven would fit in - I really like the setup. I like the flap holster - protects the gun in the field and keeps it secure. Not one for quick draw - I want my handgun to be there when I need it.

I have a Bianchi UM84 that I bought for my XDM (same gun as OP) and it's not a great fit.
The big M's slide is quite a bit wider than the Beretta M9 (or 1911) that the holster was designed for.
It fits.. lots of guns will fit.. but getting it back out is an awkward chore and takes two hands.
Great holster though, very versatile.

I have the unfortunate problem where weight on my belt leads to exposing my backside; probably due to an increased circumference of the obliques than that if the glutes :s0114:. This makes carrying a full sized gun on my belt quite uncomfortable, more so on a long walk in the woods.

I liked the idea of a chest holster for hiking, but I wanted to keep the draw at the hip. That lead to this contraption. Essentially, it's a standard pancake, but I added a kydex attachment to the back that allows me to take the weight off of my belt by using a leather strap.

I used high density vegetables tanned horse hide for the construction. It's generally stronger than cow hide and with the saddle stitching done by hand, this should last a long time. Saddle stitching is great (as apposed to machine stitching) because if one section of the stitching is cut, the rest hold tight.

I thought about molding the holster to the XDm 10mm, but by not doing so it allows the holster to accommodate most full sized hand guns.

I tested it out today and it works perfectly. Added bonus is feeling like Indiana Jones.
View attachment 680106View attachment 680107View attachment 680108View attachment 680109
I was going to suggest a Sam Browne rig but you very effectively accomplished the same thig, vert nice. A simple pair of suspenders would also work and can be found at ant Farm & Home store!

I was going to suggest a Sam Browne rig but you very effectively accomplished the same thig, vert nice. A simple pair of suspenders would also work and can be found at ant Farm & Home store!

I actually wear suspenders a lot of the times. My main issue with them is that I don't always want to have an under shirt if it's hot, and you have to tuck in your shirt to make them comfortable.

I actually wear suspenders a lot of the times. My main issue with them is that I don't always want to have an under shirt if it's hot, and you have to tuck in your shirt to make them comfortable.

I wear suspenders a lot when I work on my property. It is a necessity when I am wearing my work pants as they fit loose, are heavier than jeans and I am moving around a lot. I need a better system as the attachment clasps are not optimum (often coming undone) and are uncomfortable.

The Bianchi system is a harness, and I have some other harness systems too, they do hold up my belt so that is better than suspenders and it holds everything in place too.

I'm wearing a pair of Duluth suspenders right now.

A few years back, I kinda snickered to myself when I saw some old geezer wearing them and now I'm one of em....so if ya tote around a bunch of gear and a gun/guns suspenders will really do the trick for you as long you don't mind looking like a rest home escapee!

I wear suspenders a lot when I work on my property. It is a necessity when I am wearing my work pants as they fit loose, are heavier than jeans and I am moving around a lot. I need a better system as the attachment clasps are not optimum (often coming undone) and are uncomfortable.

The Bianchi system is a harness, and I have some other harness systems too, they do hold up my belt so that is better than suspenders and it holds everything in place too.

I did the clasp thing for a while, but they are terrible. Specially when using a belt. I switched to Perry suspenders. The attachment method is worlds better and then fit on any belt. Perry Suspenders Men's Elastic Hook End Camouflage Suspenders at Amazon Men's Clothing store: Apparel Suspenders

I did the clasp thing for a while, but they are terrible. Specially when using a belt. I switched to Perry suspenders. The attachment method is worlds better and then fit on any belt. Perry Suspenders Men's Elastic Hook End Camouflage Suspenders at Amazon Men's Clothing store: Apparel Suspenders

Thanks. I will check them out. I went to Amazon and was looking at the variations. Amazon bumped the price from $15-16 up to $21 while I was looking them over! I hate when they do that!

So I will probably get them from Duluth Trading instead (which sells them for $15-16 - the going price online).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top