JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0405.JPG

I think it will buff right out.

Damn BG/Registration fees have forced us to THIS..
IN OREGON THAT WOULD COST ME AT LEAST $30.00 FFL AND A BAR TAB.
HERE IS MY COLT 32 POLICE POSITIVE. 1487043518312-630041869.jpg

Just for fun, try the battery charger and Arm & Hammer Super Soda Wash rust removal method to see if there's anything left under all the scale and rust.

I found a 1911 in the Clackamas river back when I was a kid, it was pretty bad, almost as bad as the PO's find! I think my Dad disposed of it ( Like gave it to the sheriff) I don't think it could have been saved!

I have a buddy that had a shooting high standard it wasn't a half bad shooter. So what is the story? Based on looks I am guessing metal detecting or possibly magnet fishing?

Mine is actually not mine, it belongs to my mothers husband and he found it maybe 30 years ago outside Blackfoot Idaho while tromping around in the desert.

It was in a dry creek bed he was walking looking for quail and he literally stumbled on it.

It's a pretty neat piece, the mag is still in place and I suppose loaded only I don't know how you could really tell. It sits in a glass hutch in my moms living room

Stating the obvious: That really won't buff out!

I reclaimed a 1911 that was less than half as bad. But it took a lot to un-seize the frame, slide--well most every part. I had good success with tub electrolysis, then sonic cleaning. Some judicious mallet work and it broke loose. That's maybe half the work.

Im thinking the OPs Hi Standard is too far gone to restore.

Stating the obvious: That really won't buff out!

I reclaimed a 1911 that was less than half as bad. But it took a lot to un-seize the frame, slide--well most every part. I had good success with tub electrolysis, then sonic cleaning. Some judicious mallet work and it broke loose. That's maybe half the work.

Im thinking the OPs Hi Standard is too far gone to restore.
You don't know how good @IronMonster is!:cool:
That thing will look like new this afternoon :D
( or he'll find a pic of another gun and post it;))