JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned and shot just about every popular pistol in the market (trading around has it's benefits ) it used to be my fallback pistol was always the glock 19 because of it's size, capacity, and ease to shoot well. Now I have a new favorite pistol. The Springfield EMP4 9MM 1911.

it was built around the 9mm and the grip is a good bit thinner then a standard 1911, The front strap has agressesive dimples but they are smooth in the hands a firm grip is easily accomplished. checkered mainspring housing, thin profile cocobolo wood grips and a nice beavertail grip safety adds up to a superb grip that fits my hand like a glove.
The gun points as if it were an extension of my hand.

Throw in a match grade trigger, match grade 4inch 9mm bull barrel, with a fiberoptic front sight and it's a target shooters dream come true. I can easily triple tap the bulls eye at 10 yards. This gun is accurate. I'm a normal shooter and this gun hits better then any other pistol I've ever fired. Recoil is next to nothing and the gun is very well balanced.

Don't forget about how pretty this gun is. The aluminum frame is black annodized and the slide is a nice stainless. The edges are all rounded and smooth making it snag free and nice for conceal carry.

It ship's with 3 10rd mags, plastic holster, mag holster, green and red fiberoptic inserts, in a huge case.

Oh it has a ambi safety as well and not some little nub on the right sight but a full on safety with positive on off clicks that hold solid unlike several other 1911s I've had. This is great for a lefty like me.

I only fired 250 rounds of cheap perfeta ammo from wall-mart. The only issue I have with this gun isbthay I can't find anyone that sells 10 round mags. I'm sure of I called Springfield they would point me in the right direction. You get a coupon for all kinds of stuff from Springfield the mags are only $25 and the pistol has a lifetime warranty.

As a side note but an important one this pistol is made in the USA unlike their line of XD pistols. I paid a little more locally then I would have if I ordered it off the internet. I paid $1065 At sporting systems downtown Vancouver. They are very friendly, they had cold beverages, snacks, a nice staff and toys to keep my 2 year-old busy while i was inspecting and filling out papers. Worth the little extra to keep support a good place plus I would have had to pay shipping and a transfer fee anyway.

Here's some pictures.

20160712_200330.jpg 20160712_200303.jpg 20160712_203414.jpg 20160712_203401.jpg 20160712_203516.jpg

Last Edited:
I have the original EMP and it is
now my EDC. Give it a while and factory spare mags will be easily available for a decent price on eBay. It took a while for the EMP when it was new.

Thanks for the review. It's on my short list to be a birthday present to myself in October. The lack of aftermarket mags is the only down side I've found so far. I showcased one at NW Armory and was very impressed. Of course, they haven't kept one in stock since so I should have gone for it...:s0008:

But but but that's a 1911, and its not plastic....How can this be a favorite..;)

I had a chance to shoot one of these last week, and I also loved it! Springfield really did a good job.:D
Now if they only made it in 10mm!

But but but that's a 1911, and its not plastic....How can this be a favorite..;)

That is exactly my point. How can a gun still be revered and loved so much that is 105 years old? Sure, a lot 1911's have been modernized and improved in a few areas. But it still comes down to the pistol's design being ancient.

Is anyone still shooting a rifle or a shotgun that is that old?

Remember, we are now living in the 21st Century. I've been hoping that we would have more modern handguns by now.

219041-science-fiction-buck-rogers-in-the-25th-century-wallpaper-2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top