JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Late getting these pics up, but here are some pics of my new Ed Brown Kobra bobtail with 10-8 rear sight and Esmeralda Rosewood Picazo grips. I also have some VZ double diamonds for it in Black Cherry.

I have tried to get to the range the last two weekends, but last weekend we had a wedding shower for my Son's fiance and this weekend there was a long range match at Douglas Ridge. Hope to get out next weekend and post a range report.

DSCN1325.jpg
DSCN1326.jpg
DSCN1327.jpg
And with an Adams Leatherworks Avenger holster.
DSCN1328.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those grips are absolutely gorgeous! They are so gorgeous that I don't mind looking like an idiot by spelling gorgeous wrong! I don't have a 1911, but if I could get a pair of grips like that I would buy the gun just to fit them. Beautiful.

Those grips are absolutely gorgeous! They are so gorgeous that I don't mind looking like an idiot by spelling gorgeous wrong! I don't have a 1911, but if I could get a pair of grips like that I would buy the gun just to fit them. Beautiful.

I had actually bought those grips for my Dan Wesson CBOB, but after getting them they just didn't look right on the stainless pistol so I just put them in the safe. I ordered some other grips for the Ed Brown from Brown's Custom Grips in Kansas City, but when I got them I wasn't real happy with the fit. They looked great, but the fit wasn't perfect and I wanted "perfect" for a $2K+ pistol. I remembered I had the Esmeralda's in the safe and installed them and was just blown away with how good they looked on the EB with the Gen 3 coating. I'm glad I kept them.

That is really a beautiful pistol, cougfan2. If I had the money to spend on a ultra-premium 1911A1-type pistol, it would undoubtedly be an Ed Brown.

...however, i installed some Ed Brown parts in my Kimber, so I'll have to be satisfied with that!

That is really a beautiful pistol, cougfan2. If I had the money to spend on a ultra-premium 1911A1-type pistol, it would undoubtedly be an Ed Brown.

...however, i installed some Ed Brown parts in my Kimber, so I'll have to be satisfied with that!

Nothing wrong with installing Ed Brown parts as an upgrade. I did the same on a Colt Goldcup. Installed an EB beavertail grip safety and tactical thumb safety along with a Wilson flat checkered mainspring housing. Still need to get a little stiffer recoil spring as the light spring that comes with the Goldcup is gauged for target loads rather than full combat loads. The lighter spring functions OK, but I want to avoid any potential peening of the frame due to the recoil spring being too light.

In the interest of accurate reporting, I didn't do the upgrade installs myself. Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro did the work.

That looks like an amazing pistol! Have you shot it yet?

I'm ashamed to say I haven't. The last several weekends either the weather has been to chitty or the wife and I had been involved in helping get ready for our Son's and his Fiance's wedding.

Well, the wedding was this last weekend and this coming weekend is supposed to be gorgeous so I may finally get some range time in.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top