JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the range today with my new CZ75, as well as my new Smith Aireweight 38 snubbie. Neither had been to the range yet.

Started the day with about a hundred rounds of 22 in my Beretta, just to get the jitters out since its been longer than it should since I have been on the range. Havent lost it all, but pistol shooting is the very perishable skill, isn't it?

Next for 50 rounds through the snubbie. Got it since I like to pocket carry, but it is definitely not a range gun. I may need to adjust the grip a bit, was bit enough to bloody up my thumb pretty well and demonstrate that the grip just doesn't fit as-is.

But I was excited to shoot the CZ. Sold my FN P9 last week when I realized the gun I wanted was the CZ, all along, and had compromised a bit to get my P9. So, filled a magazine and then...

I am impressed with the CZ. Sadly it has been too long since I have shot, but DANG, this is an accurate pistol. I really like the fit in my hand, the SA trigger reach is comfortable, and the DA pull is hard but good. I think I am in love.....

I love my 1911, and thought it to be the ultimate platform, but this danged CZ is amazing - it points well, feels good, and I can pretty much hit what I want (7 and 15 yards). I need practice, for sure, but the gun makes me look good! I really like the way the pistol ejects the empty mag, it doesn't just drop out, it is fired out of the grip. The night sights aren't as good in the daytime as some three dot white sights, but even so I can hit what I point at. Magazine seats well, safety is ergonomically similar to the 1911 (sweep it downward), and the weight just simply feels good.

I usually end up with a big case of buyer's remorse, but in the case of this gun, none of that at all.

David

awesome! welcome to CZ family. :cool:

20140629_212152_zps3ded8fe9.jpg

I really like my 75BD BUT I do not care for the decocker trigger. I slathered the innards with Gunslick and have dry fired it 100s of times (rolled up rag between the hammer and frame!) and it has smoothed it up considerably but this is the nature of the beast with a decocker.
Other than that one of the best guns I have ever owned. Mine shoots ragged groups benchrested at 25 yards and likes lighter bullets. It is most accurate with 100 gr. I am keeping my eye out for an 85B and when I find one the 75BD goes up for trade.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top