Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My New AR15 Accessory i am a NW inventor

Discussion in 'Supporting Vendor Promotions & Information' started by Locust Industries, May 3, 2016.

1. Locust Industries

Locust Industries Sequim WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Hello My Name is Mark i am a inventor here in the northwest and i have recently launched a developing product called the FingerWeld, it is a trigger guard for the ar15 that assists your finger in having proper placement and from that you have more control over your shots as well as faster reset.

You can check out the the official video here on youtube as well as a test video by Doublefeedmedia. DoublefeedMedia has also published a complete review that you can
    check out here

As of right now i have a batch for sale on ebay of a limited run that will help me get the funding to improve the design as well as help create my branding. The next batch will have the company logo added. Right now i am offering it for $20 and free shipping you can get one here

Doublefeedmedia is also doing a give away of 1 FingerWeld you can check out the video here

Thanks everyone for your support and feedback, it is greatly appreciated!.

Check us out on Twitter

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    MagDump and 308 like this.
  2. old11bravo

old11bravo Everett, Washington Well-Known Member

Need a better view of the trigger grip part and maybe explain how it installs.

Locust Industries likes this.
  3. Locust Industries

I am currently in the process of revising the video, i will be adding those features within a few days. Thanks for your input!. As of now it uses the roll pin and allen screw from a standard trigger guard.

old11bravo likes this.
  4. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

At the 40 second mark, it looks like you are really jerking your pulls. maybe just the video tho. Finger control helps allot.

5. Locust Industries

This is my first upload, youtube had warned me about sync issues i will be fixing that in the video revision, i can see why it would seem like i am jerking it.

Velzey likes this.
  6. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss Klamath-Siskyou Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more detail about how it works and what the component looks like exactly. I realize this is proprietary, but I can't tell what the gadget is doing exactly.
    Also, I know very little about this, but I wonder how the ATF would see this device, i.e. in how it alters the inherent trigger design. That doo dad you see that is a crank/cam that makes a semi-auto .22 rapid fire is not allowed at some ranges (my local range anyway), or any device/technique that mimics full auto fire (including bump firing). Just wondering; altering triggers gets into grey areas that the ATF likes to exploit I'm afraid.

7. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful that you have your legalities and patents in order before your showing your ideas. For your own protection. ;)

8. Locust Industries

2A2Dend likes this.
  9. OutlawHoss

And I thought etsy was just a bunch of hipster knitters! That's also a great way to start out a new product, for sure. I can see what it is better. Definitely innovative. Best of luck to your new venture.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Larrytpdx and Locust Industries like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

Ok, Now I see what your up to. Might be a good idea, From what I see, the finger grove you have is going to need to be bigger and remove or blend in the "PINS" so as not to catch skin oh hook a glove! Good luck on this, Hope you can get some into peoples hands to try out!

11. Locust Industries

Thanks for the positive feedback!. Your right on about how it works good analysis for the content provided. I had designed it around my finger size i am currently figuring out different sizes i can make along with improving the pins. I had brought it to my local range and the people that tried it instantly liked it, i had a couple people with large fingers that wanted a bigger size but overall they still liked it. Once the first batch sells i will be revising it.

12. Ura-Ki

Seeing as how your an inventive sort of guy, I would humbly recommend doing a AR grip that can take different side panels as well as front and back. I can see a HUGE demand for that!

Brutus57 and Locust Industries like this.
  13. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

sweet man! i remember when my AR recoiled and climbed that much:rolleyes::rolleyes: :p:p

14. Locust Industries

Thats an excellent idea!, i will add it to my project roster i am sure later this season i could 3D print some prototypes and send them to you.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. Locust Industries

Combination of M193 Ammo and my lightweight bubblegum, along with holding it for the camera.

16. OutlawHoss

Yes, definitely. Having a grip which allows a panel integrated with your trigger guard device to be installed, could make it usable with non-milspec trigger guards, like my DPMS AR10 clone.

17. Ura-Ki

Sure thing! Always willing to give a good idea a try, especially if it works better then whats out there! Lemme see what I can find and I will send you some stuff to look at! Might give you some ideas to try! I bet if you ask around here on the forum, you will find a bunch of good ideas to try and who knows, maybe you can retire and do fun stuff for a living! Win,Win for every one!!!

18. Locust Industries

I am down to make something like that happen, it's just a matter of funding and selling a few batches of these.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  19. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Always good to see young fertile brains in action.

Xaevian, Locust Industries and Ura-Ki like this.
  20. Ura-Ki

Some times all it takes is ONE guy with a good idea!

Xaevian and Locust Industries like this.