JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've always wanted an early Colt Python and I finally found a "Shooter Grade" 1957 that I could afford. It showed up at my FFL yesterday and so today I spent a few hours this afternoon 57 - 1.jpg 57 - 1.jpg 57 - 2.jpg 57 - 3.jpg 57 - 5.jpg 57 - 7.jpg cleaning it up. It was to dark for any decent pics when I got finished but I can say that it looks and functions much better that it did when I picked it up yesterday. I put in for a "Colt Letter" and I'm hoping that it turns out that it was originally shipped to the Pac NW......preferably even to Portland.

Timing is good, lock up is "bank vault tight", price 3K which for a 3rd year production and possibly one of the last "hand made" Pythons that I can own and shoot seems pretty reasonable.

Last Edited:
Very cool!
Even if it was unfired I would be hard pressed to not shoot it.

I've always wanted a Python. I did have a 6" bright stainless King Cobra in the late 80's but it just wasn't the same. Nice pistol though.

Just curious, what "lube" did you put on those interior parts the slide by each other.
I have no sugestions (other than heavy gear grease, ha).

Oh and nice Python that's a given...