JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today drove down to my only local-ish gunshop (place sucks, hard). Had to go there anyways for some uninteresting reasons.

So the seller and I meet up, shake hands and go inside. Place is packed, maybe 3/4 of the people cramming the store are fat middle aged women finger banging the used pistols. The seller and I get the attention of a staffer (family run store) and upon closer inspection he appeared to be from a brother and sister who loved each other a bit much. All the staff did, actually. Gross. Even had an old dude walking around behind the counter in overalls. So we get to the paperwork while the staffer stares forward. He had these weird eyes, you couldn`t tell if he was looking at you or past you, kind of unnerving. Finish up the paperwork and are told we can wander around the store until. I overheard a cashier at another register telling a Californian to get an XD for CC (their prices were weird, I can`t stand that store), which was about $200 more than any other compact or sub pistol they had. Eventually the Californian says "Well, I wear some tight clothes, is there anything slimmer?" so the seller points him to an even more spendy XD-S. Caliboy sounds pretty interested right up until he hands over the money before saying "Actually, I think I`ll take that Glock 43". I smiled.

Later on, an old dude in denim overalls was "helping" one of the desperate housewives with a Gen3 G17, when I heard him go "A<broken link removed> dayum. Ahm gunna haff tuh grab anudduh frum duh byakk." Looking over she had managed to push the rear sight out of its dovetail entirely and was picking it up off the floor. She pushed it out with her thumb alone. Eventually 3 or 4 Fudds gravitated around us and were coming as close as they could to my SHT.LE and were all trying to decide if it was fuddy enough or not.
"It`s got a dayum bayuhnit lugg! Dat shuddn`t be legal!"
"Yeah but it`s wood, too!"

So the guy "helping" us needs help finding the Ser#, whatever. I had to tell him the model 3 or 4 times before his face scrunched up, he turned around and sneezed all over the pistol mag display. Seller and I both look at each other and share a silent "What the hell was that? What is this place?" Before I handed over the money for their overpriced transfers.

Damn near ran out of that building. Pics tomorrow, hopefully. Out of batteries for the camera.

Not sure I want to name the place, lest I risk forcing myself to pay another $25 each time I want something new.

Sorry I couldn`t get any good full-body shots. Camera refused to focus.

rTHdM83.jpg
rBxPsGr.jpg cMthI3m.jpg w3gBfNI.jpg rO8a0lF.jpg cWf761I.jpg

Last Edited:
Screw it, I avoid the place as much as I can. It`s Boerner`s in Gorst. Only good thing about Gorst is that you don`t have to see it if you blink.

I checked as soon as I could. Nothing, sadly. Removing the rear portion of the upper handguard set I found a ton of proof marks too. Pics in a sec, no guarantees they`ll be any good.

Today drove down to my only local-ish gunshop (place sucks, hard). Had to go there anyways for some uninteresting reasons.

So the seller and I meet up, shake hands and go inside. Place is packed, maybe 3/4 of the people cramming the store are fat middle aged women finger banging the used pistols. The seller and I get the attention of a staffer (family run store) and upon closer inspection he appeared to be from a brother and sister who loved each other a bit much. All the staff did, actually. Gross. Even had an old dude walking around behind the counter in overalls. So we get to the paperwork while the staffer stares forward. He had these weird eyes, you couldn`t tell if he was looking at you or past you, kind of unnerving. Finish up the paperwork and are told we can wander around the store until. I overheard a cashier at another register telling a Californian to get an XD for CC (their prices were weird, I can`t stand that store), which was about $200 more than any other compact or sub pistol they had. Eventually the Californian says "Well, I wear some tight clothes, is there anything slimmer?" so the seller points him to an even more spendy XD-S. Caliboy sounds pretty interested right up until he hands over the money before saying "Actually, I think I`ll take that Glock 43". I smiled.

Later on, an old dude in denim overalls was "helping" one of the desperate housewives with a Gen3 G17, when I heard him go "A<broken link removed> dayum. Ahm gunna haff tuh grab anudduh frum duh byakk." Looking over she had managed to push the rear sight out of its dovetail entirely and was picking it up off the floor. She pushed it out with her thumb alone. Eventually 3 or 4 Fudds gravitated around us and were coming as close as they could to my SHT.LE and were all trying to decide if it was fuddy enough or not.
"It`s got a dayum bayuhnit lugg! Dat shuddn`t be legal!"
"Yeah but it`s wood, too!"

So the guy "helping" us needs help finding the Ser#, whatever. I had to tell him the model 3 or 4 times before his face scrunched up, he turned around and sneezed all over the pistol mag display. Seller and I both look at each other and share a silent "What the hell was that? What is this place?" Before I handed over the money for their overpriced transfers.

Damn near ran out of that building. Pics tomorrow, hopefully. Out of batteries for the camera.

Wow.

Ever read the book ''How to win friends and....................... Never mind. :s0002:

Sorry I`m not up to your personal standards of interpersonal relationships. Here, I`ll buy coffee and we`ll talk it over in a safe space.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top