JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Actually it's not a new gun but i decided to have a few things done to it. It started off as a loose plunger tube fix and having a new safety fitted along with an extractor, so i took it to Dave at southridge arms and he ended up fitting a new safety, plunger tube and extractor. The sights always botherd me, they were standard black Novak sights i was planning on having them replaced at a later time when Dave informed me that he could drill them out and put white paint in the holes so i had him go for it. New fire control parts were next ED Brown hammer and disconnect with a Wilson sear. Now the gun was like new but it didn't look like it so i ended up having it parkerized as well, this made all the diference in the world when i took the gun to Dave it looked a more then a little worse for the ware. Dave also took the time to bevel some of the sharp edges of the slide. Now it feels like i have a new gun trigger is a crisp 5 pounds, positive "click" on the thumb safety, and i can actually see what i'm aming at after dusk. The level of detail to the work done on my gun was second to none, i have had guns worked on in the past and had the armorer tell me "this didn't turn out too bad" and it's like damn i don't want to pay large ammounts of money and wait for months on end to have somthing not turn out too bad. Anyway great gun can't wait to have the next 1911 done up.

IMG_0145.jpg

Thanks for the input on Southridge. I've checked out their web site and have considered having them do some finish work on one of my AR's.

Dave is great at what he does and has an extremely fast turnaround, i know it's hard to find someone you can trust to do good work these days and i'm just glad i picked a winner.

well, changed it up again Dave put an Ed Brown grip safety on it,Ed Brown extractor, stainless Ed Brown MSH that ended up getting parkerized, and replaced the barrel with a new Kart barrel so it's not just a looker. Dave did a great job on all of it with quality work and great attenton to detail especially with fitting the grip safety. The Ed Brown grip safety looks good and works, which i have had problems in the past with other "gunsmiths".Can't wait to get some more ammo at the show :s0112:

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show