JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well finally got enough parts together to start my Mega Ma-Ten build after picking up my receiver set from Northernbornrebel. Still waiting on parts for the upper but got everything for the lower. Parts list as follows

Mega Ma-Ten Reviver set
Mapul PRS stock & Moe Grip
PSA Lower Parts Kit
RRA 2 Stage Trigger
AR-15 Mid lenght Gas Tube
AR-10 Buffer Spring & Buffer
Rifle Buffer Tube
DPMS 308 Bolt Catch
Magpul Mags

Parts coming...

Rainier Arms 18" SS Barrel
Apex CNC 12" Handguard
Vltor SS Gas Block
DPMS Chrome BCG
Vltor Flash Hinder/Brake
DPMS Barrel Nut
Millet 4-16x50 TRS-1
Burris PEPR mount

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0837.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

DSCN0840.jpg

Looks great, good choice of parts. When you have it completed I would like to hear what it weighs. My 21" Noveske, PRS, SWS, Atlas is heavy but very stable from the bench or prone firing. Almost as light of recoil as a 5.56 AR.

I've been eye balling a LMT MWS, at 16" it's considerably lighter. It's used and the price is to high, I can buy new for what they want for it. I may build another Noveske, just shorter. I want a sopmod or skeleton butt stock to keep weight down.

The Apex hand guard looks very nice.

Got the replacement barrel nut today and finished it up tonight. Hopefully take it out this weekend to break her it! I really like the Apex handguards and plan on using them on any future AR build...plus they are made in Oregon!

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

Nice gun! How does the Rainer barrel shoot?

So after all was said and done - what was you ballpark cost?

Shoots great for the little I have had it out.....Ballpark, well I always have good intentions to keep track of the costs on my builds but after I start getting parts all that goes out the window :s0112: If I had to guess, probably about $1500 without the scope and mount.