JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up this M92 PAP locally with the intention of SBRing it. So far I have restained the wood, added an armbrace(awesome!) added a Magpul grip, and I have fabricated a side sling loop for an HK hook. Also removed the factory muzzle nut and added the booster. It made it way more comfortable to shoot. Less blasty, with a higher pitch and smaller fireball. I also attached a small section of magpul rail by sandwiching the attachment nuts between the upper and lower handguard, for a light. Its not in the photo, because I removed it to restain the wood.
My plan is to SBR it using the folding stock from a VZ-58, so please let me know where I can find one! I also have a WTB ad in the classsifieds.

m92.JPG

Thanks for the leads. It looks like a lot of them are sold out. Robert RTG has the hinge and the stock, but I would still need the hinge pin and attachment screw. I have also read that if you buy the stock and hinge separate, they require fitting. Im hoping to find a complete folder.

Can you take a pic of the rail between the hand guards i'd like to see it. Wonder about how hot it gets though. AKs like to melt things :>

Heres a pic of how I attached it, but the pic turned out a little bright. The stock Magpul screws are long enough to reach through the handguards. Remove the gas tube, thread the little plates on the screws just enough to keep them on there and lay it on the lower handguard. Reattach the gas tube, and tighten the screws down. I have a feeling this may get a little loose after shooting it a while, because the wood squeezes under the rail, but its easy enough to re-tighten it. Keep in mind that it ill mar the wood a bit. Ive fired it quite a bit with a TLR-1 mounted, and havnt had any heat related issues. Even after a couple mag dumps the light is only warm to the touch.
ETA: I almost forgot: I also removed a little bit of material from the front underside of the rail so it matches the radius of the lower handguard. I wanted it to sit as far forward as possible. I used a belt sander, but you could use a dremel or even a file.

20140901_182308.jpg

Last Edited: