JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Grew up going to the Les Schwab in Moscow since it was just down the road from my parent's house.

I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars there over the years.

No more.

I refuse to pay over $100 a tire more for their tires than what I can get them online for.

I've bought my last four sets of pickup tires from Discount Tire Online and then taken them to Les Schwab to be mounted and balanced on custom rims which I buy from Les Schwab.

Three out of four sets were balanced impropery and had to be taken to the Pullman Les Schwab to be re-balanced.

Twice now, they have not properly tightened the center caps after rotating the tire and one flew off on the highway.

Had them rotate the tires yesterday and when I got home, checked the centercaps. One was loose and a screw was missing completely.

Checked the rest of the center caps and all needed tightening and at least two screws out of six on each cap was stripped.

They apparently overtightened the screws and stripped out the aluminum wheel threads. They can't be fixed.

Emailed the manager and he replied that he reviewed video and said that the center caps were never touched this latest visit and it sounds like they are going to try to weasel out of doing the right thing.

No one has touched those wheels and tires in the year that they've been on the vehicle, other than the Moscow Les Schwab.

If something is wrong, then they are responsible.

Has your local Les Schwab declined like mine? I know their tire prices are absolutely insane. No one in my family buys tires from them anymore. My brother was the last with a pair of RV tires for his 14' camper two years ago. One of them separated and blew out after less than a year and 200 miles.

Les Schwab refused to replace it and said they don't warranty RV tires.

He will never buy another tire from them.

Sad. Used to love Les Schwab.

Never liked them. Their tire brands suck and their service is the type that takes advantage of those that don't know better.

Costco carries great brands and their service department does not try to sell you headlight fluid when you only needed an alignment.

I've had good luck with the Toyo tires in the past.
Used to love their old Wild Country TXR tires, but they discontinued them.

They have always been terrible for me. I've had them bend a rim, lose my wheel lock key (twice), break my door lock and put and axe mark in my wheel trying to break off one of the wheel locks after they lost the key. Not once did they ever own up to the damage or cover the cost of repair. They haven't received a dime of my money in over 10 years and will never get another dime.

Yes, Les Schwab has declined, as has most customer service, everywhere. Proportionately to the decline in the age of the employees.

I still use them, as they are extremely handy, but I know I have to watch them like a hawk.

I've had good luck with the Toyo tires in the past.
Used to love their old Wild Country TXR tires, but they discontinued them.
There is Toyo tires and then there are the rebranded Toyos that they sell at a premium.

Many don't know that they are in fact Toyo tires.

I find it deceptive, especially since what they charge for them has a pretty high margin.

I use the one here in Anacortes .
Until a few weeks ago.
My mom need a battery for her car.
I tell her go to LES SHEUBE.
She goes there for a battery.
For a PT Cruiser.
They say 189 dollars.
Wait WTF.
I tell her nope don't pay it .
I come home buy a battery for 58 bucks .
Takes me about 20 minutes to switch it out.

Yeah, they prey on the lower middle class that can't afford to pay for tires and repairs outright, so they get them to charge them.

Lady at work needed new tires for her F150 and I told her to go to Discount Tire online and get a decent set for $800. Nope, said she had a charge account at Les Schwab and it was $1500 dollars for tires.

I informed her that Discount tire also will set up payments, at the same stupid high percentage rate, but at least the tires are half the cost.

Nope. Les Schwab has free flat repair and is more convenient. Really? You get at least $700 worth of flat tires in the two or three years that pickup tires last? Nope. Last got a flat tire three years ago.

But, people don't listen.

My last Les Schwab experience was 1987. Took my '67 Fairlane in for a front-end alignment. Was given a laundry list of parts that were worn out and needed to be replaced before they could do the alignment. All of the parts on the list had exactly 18 miles on them. I had just replaced it all as part of the rebuild of the car and it's first trip was to Schwab's, 18 miles away.

Buying the tires for my Willys jeep from Summit racing at half the price the comparable ones at Les Schwab are. Then off to the little gas station in Mt Angel. Where I will stand next to the tire machine and spin balancer while they mount them up. I used to sell tires when I was a kid working for Chevrons around here. If he does it the way I tell him he gets a tip!

screw schwabs. its all about americas/discount tire.

you can haggle with them. if you finance its usually 0% too. the tires i have are $580 each. i got them much cheaper, installed, with a warranty at americas tire for $2000 total, no interest. paid them off in 5 payments.

Never liked them. Their tire brands suck and their service is the type that takes advantage of those that don't know better.

Costco carries great brands and their service department does not try to sell you headlight fluid when you only needed an alignment.

But, then where am I going to get my headlight fluid? It keeps leaking out because every time I check them they're bone dry!

Maybe I should start a new thread.
Buying the tires for my Willys jeep from Summit racing at half the price the comparable ones at Les Schwab are. Then off to the little gas station in Mt Angel. Where I will stand next to the tire machine and spin balancer while they mount them up. I used to sell tires when I was a kid working for Chevrons around here. If he does it the way I tell him he gets a tip!
Good old days when you could watch them work on your car.

When LS moved in our area, I gave them a chance. I had four new TOYO tires put on my truck.
Within 5 miles of leaving their lot, 3 tires were flat. Bad valve stems.
They come and put air in my tires to get me back to the shop.
2.5 hour wait to fix the issue. All the stems got replaced, wheels re-balanced, and I was back on the road.
When I got home I did a walk-around, and I pulled the center caps. Two studs (one each wheel) snapped off, and one of the center caps had a broken tab that held it in place. I was on the phone with them. As normal they apologized, and told me to bring it back in at my convenience. Back to LS the next day. I was hoping a wheel or two would fall off!!, as they hadn't much concern, like it happens all the time? When I arrived, they got me right in. I was told I could wait in the waiting area. I told them, NO, I'm standing right here to see how the issue with the previously shotty work gets addressed. The two mechanics seemed a little nervous. I let them get all the wheels off and over to the tire machine, then I took the two brand new lugnuts out of my pocket. For testing if the stud threads were stretched. 3 out of 6 studs on every drum/rotor were ruined by their impact gun. I never said a word. I wanted to see if they were going mount the wheels first. Which they did without a second thought. Zip Zip... When they were all done I told them my attorney would be in touch. They were shocked, and asked why. I told them that they did not check/replace the stretched studs. They got the obvious issues fixed and and didn't fix the rookie mistakes from having too much air pressure in the tool, obviously. Broken studs? and you're telling me they were already stretched? GTFOOH. They had to give me a ride home. My truck was staying there until it got fixed. Two day later (after replacing ALL the studs) they delivered it. A week later I had a bill arrive in the mail for the cost of the new studs. My blood was BOILING. Through my attorney and his efforts, I was never sent a bill for the tires. From that point on, they acted like nothing ever happened. A week later I went there and talked to the manager. She was very apologetic. I politely told her I would never do business with them again, and that I was going to help their policies by spreading the word of LOUSY service practices. That was 12+ years ago. I've never been back.

The kid that worked at the gas station that I would use to install tires .
Because we didn't have a tire thing .
At our house was one of the guys that would hang around with us .
His after school job was working at the gas station shop.
So yes I could stand there and watch him talk to him .
Face to face.

As bad as LS is, the Point S chain we have over here might be even worse. I tried to shop local but too many strikes has made me give up. I bought my own balancer and I'm on the hunt for a changer. I'll be buying my tires online from now on. I've been on both sides of the equation and have decided I just can't be a customer when it comes to automotive related transactions.

As bad as LS is, the Point S chain we have over here might be even worse. I tried to shop local but too many strikes has made me give up. I bought my own balancer and I'm on the hunt for a changer. I'll be buying my tires online from now on. I've been on both sides of the equation and have decided I just can't be a customer when it comes to automotive related transactions.

I get this. While I echo others' disappointment with Les Schwab, the other places are no better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top