JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are not the company they used to be I was a loyal customer for over 25yrs
No more they suck and can go running eff them
I go to discount tire your in and out in less than and hour and they don't try to sell you sh!t

THIS!
When I was a kid, they bent over backwards for fix things right, and get you the best tires for your rig! Now days, it's all in who runs the store and where that store is located! My local store is 1 1/2 miles away, the store manager is a cool dude and they learned on day one that I wouldn't fall for crap!
I have not bought tires from them in a few years now, but when I did, they were a better deal then the cheaper options from others because they had a better warranty and replacement deal! Now days I use them as a matter of need rather then want, and they are he ONLY local source for odd ball tires for things like yard equipment and such ( unless you really know what your looking for and where to look) Schwab is the only game around!

Don't forget that they will fill you tires with Nitrogen for extra cost, they claim the tire won't go flat as quickly. They will also cut slices in the edges of your tires (Siping) for better traction for extra cost. I just got tired of their high prices and gimmicks they tried to sell me. Been going to America's Tire, and saving some bucks.

I use discount tires.

Twice the service and half the price...

Cost me nothing to replace 2 tires blown out by hitting something in the road and $16 to put each new tire back under warrenty.

They are cheaper then Costco as well.

I HOPE they (Discount) keep working well here as I have been super happy for almost 3 decades. Couple years ago for Christmas we bought new tires for one of our kids cars. He comes to me other day, said one had damage. Looked like he hit something like pot hole or such. Told him we paid the few extra for road hazard, take it to one of the Discounts. He comes back with new tire. Said same thing. It was free, $16 to put coverage on the new one they mounted replacing a tire that was a couple years old and the one on the other side so they would match. Every time we need new I use the financing they offer which costs me nothing. Same as cash if I pay it off which is easy. When I take a quick look price wise I can't spot any glaring difference.

Don't forget that they will fill you tires with Nitrogen for extra cost, they claim the tire won't go flat as quickly.
I had not heard that for a while now, the using Nitrogen. Remember a while back some were talking about using it. IIRC it was supposed to stay more consistent through temp changes, that racing teams used it for this reason. I may not be remembering this right and have not heard it mentioned in a long time.

Don't forget that they will fill you tires with Nitrogen for extra cost, they claim the tire won't go flat as quickly. They will also cut slices in the edges of your tires (Siping) for better traction for extra cost. I just got tired of their high prices and gimmicks they tried to sell me. Been going to America's Tire, and saving some bucks.

Nitrogen doesnt change pressure with temperature like air does. That is the real benefit more even wear.

Try returning a fairly new lifetime Schwab battery that went bad without the paperwork in hand. They stalled me for a half an hour, all the while trying to get out of replacing it, saying that their computer wasn't showing me as the original owner.
I finally remembered that my daughter bought it at their Corvallis store while visiting a friend and the paperwork was back home.
Her name was on the receipt, but my name was on the credit card payment.
I finally asked for a manager and after a 10 minute huddle with the salesman, he reluctantly gave me a new one.
They could tell that I had reached my limit in patience.

Come to think of it, I can't recall the last time anyone at Les Schwab at either of the area stores greeted me on my way in from the parking lot.

No one runs out and the last time I was there, had to wait at the counter for a few seconds for someone to acknowledge me.

I do recall feeling embarassed at them running out to greet me back in the late 90's, IIRC.

Lol!!!!
You better come greet me or telling mommy.

Not sure if you're being facetious, but that was a big part of their identity. They made a big deal out of "sudden service" and making sure each customer was greeted by a tech running out in the parking lot to greet them.

They appear to have mostly abandoned that practice according to most people here.

So when a signature part of their business model is being neglected or abandoned, it is an indication that likely their focus on customer service has been lost.

If you all want to talk about a travesty, let's call anarchy to Red Robin pulling the peanut butter out of the mountain mud pie years again.
Everyone and there lawsuits.

I speak les language. I have to much history with that company to leave them.
I will carry his legacy on as a customer.

I had not heard that for a while now, the using Nitrogen. Remember a while back some were talking about using it. IIRC it was supposed to stay more consistent through temp changes, that racing teams used it for this reason. I may not be remembering this right and have not heard it mentioned in a long time.

Years ago when I worked contracting we use nitrogen in the pressurized telephone cables & in our truck & trailer tires. We didn't need no stinking compressor. hehehe:p:p:p

I worked at costco a number of years, as well as in the tire shop. I have since moved on, but I would take my vehicles there for tires, and if they dont have what I am looking for I go to discount tire.

Even when I worked there if a customer couldnt find what they were looking for we would tell them to try discount. Costco tire shop employees get paid the same regardless of how much they sell, and we fill all the tires with nitrogen, just look for the little green caps on the air valve.

I noticed an difference immediately after Les Schwab passed away. The company veered away from quality and taking care of customers, and more towards penny pinching and profit. I have yet to have a really BAD experience with them, but they definitely aren't the old company I had fondly grown up with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top