JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hunting this AM with my friend John on a co-workers private property, we were walking back to the truck when the neighbor across the street yelled out something to us about hunting around there. We got in the truck came to the end of the driveway and he's across the road with a video camera. I rolled down my window and as we drive past he yells out he'll shoot us. I stopped and said WHAT! He said don't come on my property or I'll shoot ya. I said we weren't on your place I have permission to hunt over here. He says well, I'll shoot ya, to which I say watch what your saying. He ask's us why we were walking down the road. I said it was none of his F****** business and I only hunt property I have permission on. I went by and talk to my cousin a Deputy sheriff. He asked if he had a gun, he could have with one hand in his pocket but did not brandish. It would have been a one sided battle, John and I with 30-06's and him with whatever. Then I called my friend whose property we were on and he says the guy is an ***. So sheriff will go talk to him and we are going back out to hunt there again.

I would. I had the same thing happen to me on sunday.
I was alone duck hunting my best friends grandmas property, (natural springs in the woods)
I jump shot a group of mallards and went i was reloading i hear "HEY" in the distance, so i started scratching my head and went back to my blind and strapped my 357 on. an hour went past and i started cruising around one of the ponds to scout it out and some guy hiding in the brush said " WTF are you doing here?" i said who are you? duck hunter? he replied "I'm trespasser hunting" so i sat behind a stump and said you better not have me scoped. We argued for about 10 minutes across the pond not knowing if i was in a scope or not and i left leaving my decoys there hiked to my car and called the land owner and the troopers, never heard any outcome. Land owner said there is always illegal pot grows up there. I'm going back tomorrow with my buddy and I'm bringing my 338WM to return fire if i have to.

Insist, and I mean INSIST on the offices taking a report! If some nut is out there threatening innocent hunters with bodily harm, it's just a matter of time until he tries to act out his threats. A well documented history could save someone one hell of a lot of grief!

The guy might be mentally ill. Let the Sheriff deal with him and avoid contact if possible.

I had a crazy neighbor once. Always threatened me for parking on the street in front of her house (LOL). Turned out she was a practicing witch and burnt candles in a pentagram in her house every night. Stay safe - there are more loons out there now then ever before.

Post SHTF when said loons get cut off from all their big pharm mind-altering drugs it will be much worse.

The guy might be mentally ill. Let the Sheriff deal with him and avoid contact if possible.

I had a crazy neighbor once. Always threatened me for parking on the street in front of her house (LOL). Turned out she was a practicing witch and burnt candles in a pentagram in her house every night. Stay safe - there are more loons out there now then ever before.

Post SHTF when said loons get cut off from all their big pharm mind-altering drugs it will be much worse.

Burt are you disparaging someones religion again? Shame on you. You should know better.

I didn't disparage her religion (I guess you could call it that). Any reasonable person would believe someone burning dozens of candles in their apt at night would be a hazard and a crazy thing to do. She was CRAZY not because she was decided to be a witch, she was crazy because of the actions she was taking and the way she interfaced with people in the neighborhood.

People can believe whatever they want as long as they keep it to themselves and I am all for the 'no religious discussion' rule of this forum. Makes it so nice.

The best course of action is to always call the police or the wildlife officers to let them sort out any issues. To get in a gun battle with some nutcase is a path to the grand jury and a trial. Not a good choice.

Best to just back off and call the authorities.

We ran into a bow hunter that had felled a log over the road to control a large area in Murderers Creek area last year. He came down the road and started screaming at us and took off his bow like he was going to pump an arrow into the front of our truck. I thought the guy was nuts, I had a 44 mag on my hip and my son a 357, so we sure were on high alert. But I just backed out the truck and turned it around and headed for other areas. Avoided a major conflict.

The guy was in his 20's with the full warpaint on and testosterone was controlling his brain. We had a good laugh and went about our business.

I did notify authorities, i was just expressing that i will be hunting there all season and if i need to i want the equipment needed to defend my life.

I agree, that is one reason I always have a handgun on my belt when in the woods. You never know the rifle may be leaning against a tree when you need your weapon quickly. Bear, Cougar, nutcase, whatever the challenge, best to be prepared.

pretty sad when you can't even go into the woods without finding the nuts. I would expect to get murdered in some big city, not by some psycho in the woods.

I've had more trouble on back roads and the boonies than in town. Seems crazies think cause there's no cop near that everyone is prey. Some of them in our case had to clean or swap their undies shortly thereafter

I do think confrontations in the woods are very rare. Hunters for the most part a very friendly and fun to be around. They will assist you and share what they have if you ask nice, except for their deer/elk, of course. I have met some real nice folks in the woods, from all over the country, so 99% of my experiences have been good.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top