JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been a bit light on posting to the forum lately because I'm trying to get a little side business going. I figured I might as well let you in on what I've been working on.

A little background…

For nearly 35 years I've been a self-employed graphic designer and illustrator, but as I look ahead to retirement in a few years (hopefully), I'd prefer to start doing more of what I want to do, and what I really like doing is painting critters. This has largely taken the form of pet portraits for friends and family.

While trying to figure out a way to bring in some cash doing what I like, I started my side business, PetArtWorks.com. It's been keeping me busy trying to build a following on Facebook and Twitter. To be honest, it's not exactly taking the internet by storm, but I figured it would take a few months to see any ROI, so I'm not worried (yet). I'm also working on creating artwork for sale via online retailers (print on demand places like CafePress, Zazzle, Threadless and the like) in order to stimulate high-volume/low-profit sales. Again, it's a slow builder and I'm essentially working my butt off for free at the moment.

In other words, I'm having fun, but eating a lot of pbj (just like the old days when I started my design studio). It's exciting working on an idea I love and hoping I can someday develop it into something financially rewarding.

Anyway, that's what I'm doing these days. I will still pop in regularly but probably won't be doing much posting. In the meantime, here's a quick video of me painting a digital portrait for one of my contest winners (I get tons of entries for free stuff, but no paying customers yet! Someday!):

How much to paint a portrait of my cat?

2BBC7A1F-8C8B-4989-8423-C7E7C86C3F23.jpeg

:D

lol, the title made me think you meant you were painting the animals.... man I need a nap.

skeleton-dog-halloween-costume-non-toxic-pet-paint-5.jpg

I dig your paintings, I draw like a 2 year old.

child-drawing_wide-f43bf0726f3aef6cb1721c15d1acae238013194f.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews