JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some say we should win by persuasion and education. Here is my attempt at it, knowing it is futile:

April 15, 2018
To: Walter Knutsen; Michael Cahana; Alcena Boozer
Re: IP 43

Sirs:

I wish to take strong objection to your sponsoring of IP43!! While clearly unconstitutional, many innocent lives may be lost during the court battles. I am talking about innocent homeowners, only looking to mind their own business, in peace, being gunned down by the SWAT teams implied as a result of your ballot measure!! Have you even thought of the implications of your actions?? Do you care??

My Dad and 3 Uncles served in WWII, I served in Vietnam. The US has fought a Revolutionary war, and two World Wars, to see that this type of tyranny would not come to America. You are denigrating all the bloodshed and lives lost in those wars to protect our freedoms. The right to keep and bear arms is a Civil Right, just as it is yours to worship as you see fit. The right, itself, is endowed by our Creator, and only delineated in the Bill of Rights. If at some time in the future, your right of worship is attacked, how are you going to defend it if conscientious citizens have all been disarmed. Not possible?? How did you feel about gay marriage before it became "fashionable"??

The right course of action would be to put the concept of God back in the schools and education system. The course you are pursuing is only furthering the cause of Evil!!

Your ballot title only mentions "assault weapons" when, in reality, the wording bans ALL semi auto firearms. This is deceitful on your part. I have owned, and had access to firearms, since age 7, I am now 71. None of my firearms has ever injured a single person. I just want to live my life in peace, and do not deserve to be punished for the actions of mad individuals fomented by our sick society of the last 40+ years. I particularly do not feel I should be threatened of being murdered by a SWAT team, which is the implication of your initiative. Murdering me will not save a single child's life!! You are doing the bidding of evil forces, which seek the downfall of our once great Country.

The very same children, which you purport to think you are protecting, may need these very same rights, at some point in their future!! You would do better to be teaching them the lessons of history, and the importance of being able to protect themselves from a tyrannical government or regime!! Why was the Bill of Rights created?? It was created because of YOU and people like you! Well meaning, but misguided!!

We, ostensibly have the same God? Mine is a God of freedom, free choice, and dignity. Yours seems to be one of slavery, oppression, and death!!

Sincerely,

Al Vrooman

It will be interesting to see what kind of response you get. My guess is it will be similar to the canned responses from all the elected officials I have emailed my concerns to.

It will be interesting to see what kind of response you get. My guess is it will be similar to the canned responses from all the elected officials I have emailed my concerns to.

I expect they will go in the circular file, unread. But we are supposed to make attempts at persuasion and education, and that was my attempt.

Well said alv7722.
They don't give a dang, but well said anyway.
They'll continue to push until they incur the consequences of their actions, and if they don't back off soon, it will end badly.

I expect they will go in the circular file, unread. But we are supposed to make attempts at persuasion and education, and that was my attempt.

My "conversation" with said type of jack-holes is over, and I'm now in a "holding pattern". My "argument of persuasion" now resides on the bottom of my boot soles waiting to be articulated on their faces. They'll have to fire the first shot, but they'll not draw first blood... God help 'em, because I will NOT! o_O

My "conversation" with said type of jack-holes is over, and I'm now in a "holding pattern". My "argument of persuasion" now resides on the bottom of my boot soles waiting to be articulated on their faces. They'll have to fire the first shot, but they'll not draw first blood... God help 'em, because I will NOT! o_O

I'm no longer into stomping anyone, but I got a 45-70 that puts out BIG pieces of lead. Wouldn't want to use one of my "scary" firearms!!

Thanks for writing to them. It's too bad they are so closed-minded that they probably will not engage in meaningful conversation with us - but maybe you'll get a reply. I have no idea about these petitioners, but most anti-gun folks know so little about guns, and gun crime statistics, that they couldn't have a meaningful conversation even if they wanted to. All they have are opinions; they believe their opinions and many will get loud and violent if you disagree with them or if you cite actual facts.

Thanks for writing to them. It's too bad they are so closed-minded that they probably will not engage in meaningful conversation with us - but maybe you'll get a reply. I have no idea about these petitioners, but most anti-gun folks know so little about guns, and gun crime statistics, that they couldn't have a meaningful conversation even if they wanted to. All they have are opinions; they believe their opinions and many will get loud and violent if you disagree with them or if you cite actual facts.

Why doesn't EVERYBODY write them?? Maybe not as dark as I did, but remind them we are actually their friends and neighbors and certainly not responsible for shooting any kids!! Many of us live in rural areas, the LE response time where I live is usually more than 40 minutes. We will be vulnerable if we do not have proper means of self defense, and the criminals haven't surrendered THEIR weapons!!

I would also like to know who is backing them financially. Their phone numbers are also on the SOS website!!

NO HATE, THREATS, OR INTIMIDATION!!!!!

Last Edited:
I spoke metaphorically, I'm with you in that I don't want the dog sheite in my treads. ;)

I would never harm anyone, unless my life was at risk. But, door to door, armed confiscation is what is ultimately implied by the sponsors of this petition, and people need to be aware of that!! I grew up on the heels of WWII, so may have a different perspective of the perils of a disarmed populace!!

Why doesn't EVERYBODY write them?? Maybe not as dark as I did, but remind them we are actually their friends and neighbors and certainly not responsible for shooting any kids!! Many of us live in rural areas, the LE response time where I live is usually more than 40 minutes. We will be vulnerable if we do not have proper means of self defense, and the criminals haven't surrendered THEIR weapons!!

I would also like to know who is backing them financially. Their phone numbers are also on the SOS website!!

One of the best talks given at the 43/44 Beaverton meeting was an unscripted on. Emphasis? These people are scared, uneducated, and driven by "we need to do something". They won't be convinced by getting in their faces, or intimidating them, or looking down on them. If anything, it would reinforce their internal position. Rather, first try to acknowledge their state of mind, how it affects you personally, maybe help them reflect on what they are really doing, instead of what they hope to accomplish. Offer a more reasonable path.

One of the best talks given at the 43/44 Beaverton meeting was an unscripted on. Emphasis? These people are scared, uneducated, and driven by "we need to do something". They won't be convinced by getting in their faces, or intimidating them, or looking down on them. If anything, it would reinforce their internal position. Rather, first try to acknowledge their state of mind, how it affects you personally, maybe help them reflect on what they are really doing, instead of what they hope to accomplish. Offer a more reasonable path.

More reasonable, yes! Like putting the concept of God, or at least the Ten Commandments back into our daily and public lives!! These are "God" people we are dealing with. The churches have stood idly by while these concepts have been systematically removed from our society over the last 40+ years. They are more responsible for the tragedies than the average gun owner!!

I can appreciate you writing them some times just feel good to tell these jaggoffs what for and two witts,
but the time to even discuss anything died when undue process was passed this last year.
And now this bunghole of a ballot measure passed through the attorney generals ? In how in
the hell can you give a pass that violated Oregon and Federal laws, ( it was rhetorical ).

I can appreciate you writing them some times just feel good to tell these jaggoffs what for and two witts,
but the time to even discuss anything died when undue process was passed this last year.
And now this bunghole of a ballot measure passed through the attorney generals ? In how in
the hell can you give a pass that violated Oregon and Federal laws, ( it was rhetorical ).

A Massachusetts judge has declared that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights no longer apply! If this abomination passes, there will be no legal recourse save the SCOTUS, and they cannot be depended upon. We are on our own. Their is a process to contest the ballot's title, I forget where it is posted, but will endeavor to pursue it. They cannot gather signatures while the title is being contested.

Some say we should win by persuasion and education. Here is my attempt at it, knowing it is futile:

April 15, 2018
To: Walter Knutsen; Michael Cahana; Alcena Boozer
Re: IP 43

Sirs:

I wish to take strong objection to your sponsoring of IP43!! While clearly unconstitutional, many innocent lives may be lost during the court battles. I am talking about innocent homeowners, only looking to mind their own business, in peace, being gunned down by the SWAT teams implied as a result of your ballot measure!! Have you even thought of the implications of your actions?? Do you care??

My Dad and 3 Uncles served in WWII, I served in Vietnam. The US has fought a Revolutionary war, and two World Wars, to see that this type of tyranny would not come to America. You are denigrating all the bloodshed and lives lost in those wars to protect our freedoms. The right to keep and bear arms is a Civil Right, just as it is yours to worship as you see fit. The right, itself, is endowed by our Creator, and only delineated in the Bill of Rights. If at some time in the future, your right of worship is attacked, how are you going to defend it if conscientious citizens have all been disarmed. Not possible?? How did you feel about gay marriage before it became "fashionable"??

The right course of action would be to put the concept of God back in the schools and education system. The course you are pursuing is only furthering the cause of Evil!!

Your ballot title only mentions "assault weapons" when, in reality, the wording bans ALL semi auto firearms. This is deceitful on your part. I have owned, and had access to firearms, since age 7, I am now 71. None of my firearms has ever injured a single person. I just want to live my life in peace, and do not deserve to be punished for the actions of mad individuals fomented by our sick society of the last 40+ years. I particularly do not feel I should be threatened of being murdered by a SWAT team, which is the implication of your initiative. Murdering me will not save a single child's life!! You are doing the bidding of evil forces, which seek the downfall of our once great Country.

The very same children, which you purport to think you are protecting, may need these very same rights, at some point in their future!! You would do better to be teaching them the lessons of history, and the importance of being able to protect themselves from a tyrannical government or regime!! Why was the Bill of Rights created?? It was created because of YOU and people like you! Well meaning, but misguided!!

We, ostensibly have the same God? Mine is a God of freedom, free choice, and dignity. Yours seems to be one of slavery, oppression, and death!!

Sincerely,

Al Vrooman[/QUOTE

Thank you sir for writing in. We all should be writing in, if we don't then we fail. Let's not be the ol' boys in the back town hall pub room complaining because a new law was passed to take our guns away. You have to be active. I see people time after time complaining that a new lousy law was passed, well I say where were you guys when they pushed it on a ballot!!!! So are these going to be the same people that say I've got your "Six" or "I got your back". I think not. Because when it comes down to it, I figure I'll be fighting for myself without anybodies help but my own. I might be 63yrs old and quite frankly feeling my age, but I'll be danged if any government of mine is going to take my gun. I might be a dead on shot with my Ruger LCP 380 or wear my armor, but it's no match to what they have you can bet on that; Oh yes I have armor and a vest and my wish list is still having a AR15, AK47,CAA Micro Roni Gen3 or 4 carbine with a glock 19, (oh wait are those assault rifles), Laughing my tickle tummy off! Get those letter in, Patriots!

Did you send each of the 3 chief petitioners a letter in the US mail? Copy all of them on an email?

I would like to see a reply, but I doubt their will be one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top