JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And if Hillary gets elected?

If Hillary can get elected, after all her BS, I will HONESTLY say;

"I totally give up on the USA, as it is completely full of absolutely mind numbed, friggin idiotic, stupid, retards, who are extremely lazy and have such an unbelievably low IQ that they deserve to be lead around by politicians".

.....or something like that...........:cool:o_O:rolleyes::(

I agree completely and will probably say the same thing - and I believe we will see at least AS bad a run on ammo as we did in 2008 - and that will be with everything other than .22 which may become even scarcer than it is now.

As much as I hate paying $50-80 for a "brick" of .22 LR that cost $20 a few years ago, that's how a free market works - the demand for .22 LR ammunition exceeds its current supply, so the price goes up.

The ammunition manufacturers are - by their own reports - cranking out .22 LR as fast as they can and I don't doubt them, since they can sell every cartridge they make, and more. The retailers are just taking advantage of the market by raising the price, just as they will - eventually - take their lumps when the panic-buying of ammunition stops (say, sometime in Jan-Feb 2017).

Protesting to the retailers won't change economic facts - the only thing that will change the price of .22 LR is to stop buying it every time it shows up on the shelf.

Only progressives believe there is such a thing as a "fair price" - the reality is that there is the price you are willing to pay and the price the seller is willing to accept. If it's not worth the price, don't buy it; that will drive down the price.

Jim

I agree with you, Jim. Cabela's had been selling the 500 round Thunderbolts for $25 until last week, when suddenly the price has jumped to $30 a box....

Big 5 was always like that. Walk into any Big 5 and just understand that you will find the exact same merchandise at Bimart for 20% less. A good example is their Ruger 10/22's. I only go to Big 5 for shoes that I don't mind replacing every year because I only paid 45 dollars for them.

If Hillary can get elected, after all her BS, I will HONESTLY say;

"I totally give up on the USA, as it is completely full of absolutely mind numbed, friggin idiotic, stupid, retards, who are extremely lazy and have such an unbelievably low IQ that they deserve to be lead around by politicians".

.....or something like that...........:cool:o_O:rolleyes::(

I think I said something similar in 1992...

Sorry OP -- no sympathy here. Your friend did not have to buy the product. He willfully engaged in the transaction of goods. Did he spend more than what he could have elsewhere? Sure. But right now, as we all know, .22lr is in high demand. If I see .22lr on the shelf I will buy it at any price the store is selling it at. Your friend clearly did the same!

1. The third issue goes to the heart of the OP's post. Some people, either out of fear, ignorance, or impatience, are willing to pay whatever to get .22 ammo.

You left out another option: new shooters and/or people who picked up their first .22 handgun or rifle. I'm in that category, having purchased a .22 bolt action and a Ruger SR22 this past year. I am willing to pay any price for .22 because...I'd like to shoot my new guns!

Last Edited:
You left out another option: new shooters and/or people who picked up their first .22 handgun or rifle. I'm in that category, having purchased a .22 bolt action and a Ruger SR22 this past year. I am willing to pay any price for .22 because...I'd like to shoot my new guns!

Hmmm!! Exactly how much would you pay?? I have a few bricks of Federal, one of Thunderbolts, and even some CCI I hadn't considered selling until you said that.

We are at the end of the road for high priced .22. It's run its course. I think within a year you will see sane prices and plenty on the self

I heard the same thing said around Feb 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015.....I'll believe it when I actually see it. All you need is for someone like Hillary to get elected and the market will be like this for a long time. Fear and panic feed into this. Conspiracy theories, ISIS, I-594/SB941 and Bloomberg money. Lots of stuff to help panic and distract a largely gullible public.

As much as I'd like to hope you're right, I have a feeling it's far from over. Time will tell.

Sorry OP -- no sympathy here. Your friend did not have to buy the product. He willfully engaged in the transaction of goods. Did he spend more than what he could have elsewhere? Sure. But right now, as we all know, .22lr is in high demand. If I see .22lr on the shelf I will buy it at any price the store is selling it at. Your friend clearly did the same!

I need a new Mercedes... I have 10k rounds I'll sell you for $100k (I want a new SLK).... Cool? :D

As to the OP's post, I simply wouldn't have bought it. Of course your buddy really wanted it, but I can't say I have much sympathy. People buying at those prices, even when they know it's too high, is what continues to feed the overpriced market, and he just helped Big 5 realize their prices are supported in the market. He should have listened to your advice. Hopefully he won't buy any more from them.

In the current climate, patience is a virtue and diligence will be rewarded. Get yourself away from the need for a 'quick fix' of .22lr, and in time, you can find it for decent prices. I've made regular purchases online of 333-500 round packs from a variety of online vendors for the past few years. I get enough that I can still shoot and have a little on hand for the next inevitable completely dry spell. Buy a little here and there, don't dump entire bricks at every trip to the range, and he can get there too.

It's out there, maybe you can help him with his impulsive buying problem :)

It's out there, maybe you can help him with his impulsive buying problem
I wouldn't say he has an impulsive buying problem with everything but it was more likely a 'heat of the moment' decision. I tried to intervene (he called me from the store) but he bought it anyway. Regardless there is an indy gun shop in Bend and he has bricks on his shelf price similarly - and he sells them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top