JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
appeared in the Bend Bulletin newspaper this morning. :)

Pass it on if you'd like.

"Currently and several times in the past, personal information about concealed handgun license (CHL) holders has been requested by the press and other non-law enforcement agencies. Just as driver's license information is restricted by ORS 802.177, so should CHL holder information. I submit the following addition to ORS 166.291 to be considered in the next legislative session:

(5) Prohibition on release of personal information from CHL records. No law enforcement agency, nor any officer, employee or contractor of a law enforcement agency nor any other State agency may knowingly disclose or otherwise make available to any person personal information about an individual that is obtained by the agency in connection with a concealed handgun license. Said release of CHL personal information shall be considered a violation of ORS 162.415: Official misconduct in the first degree."

I recieved this today.

Gene Whisnant
State Representative
District 53

Dear Mr. Bend

I am writing you in the effort to thank you for suggesting that our State Legislature take action to protect the privacy of those who have a permit to carry a concealed handgun.
To address this issue, I am going to introduce a bill this Legislative session making personal information about concealed weapon holders unavailable for public use.

Sincerely,
Gene Whisnant.

Well done! I think Rep. Whisnant deserves some love, so I e-mailed him this morning:

Dear Representative Whisnant,

I am writing to thank you for promising to introduce legislation this session to make concealed handgun permit information unavailable for public use. As a CHL holder, I have been greatly concerned about the recent efforts of the media to obtain my permit-related information for the purpose of making it public. I believe that the media's real agenda is to discourage citizens from obtaining a permit by threatening to publish their personal (and what should be private) information.

I don't live in your district, but I would like to encourage you in your efforts to protect our rights nonetheless.

Sincerely,

Wierzbowski

I recieved this today.

Gene Whisnant
State Representative
District 53

Dear Mr. Bend

I am writing you in the effort to thank you for suggesting that our State Legislature take action to protect the privacy of those who have a permit to carry a concealed handgun.
To address this issue, I am going to introduce a bill this Legislative session making personal information about concealed weapon holders unavailable for public use.

Sincerely,
Gene Whisnant.

That's very cool and, might I add, American! :s0160:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR