JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smith and Wesson M&P15-22. Picked it up today from Northwest Armory. Also nabbed a 500 round brick of Remington Golden's. Not my favorite ammo, but choices are limited these days. Brought it home and slapped a red/green dot on it that I had laying around. I've owned more than one Bushmaster .223 but ammo prices these days convinced me that a .22 in a true AR form-factor was a must.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

What did you have to give for that? Got a junior shooter who has his eye on one of these.

The M&Ps like heavier bullets. Seen a lot of shooters using these for Speed Steel. Had good luck with the American Eagle 37 gn. Most use the Federal Champion 36 gn. CCI tactical 40 gns are da bomb.

$550 with the brick. I price shopped and found WalMart sells the entry level version with no birdcage for $446 (but sold out everywhere with NO ETA). I would have prefered some better quality rounds but that is the first brick I've seen in a while. Most reviews I've seen say the 15-22 will swallow most bulk .22 without many jams.

True that. My M&P 15-22 always eats my bulk ammo flawlessly - remington thunder bolts and federal. The only time it had problems was when I used winchester bulk, which is far the absolute worst .22lr ive ever used.

With Speed Steel a jam will totally screw up your string time. You do get to throw out 1 of the 5 strings typically. A second jam ruins your stage. Keeping it clean (like every 200-250 rounds) will keep this from happening with good ammo. Most people aren't this critical when just out shooting for fun.

Did you get more than 1 mag with it?

Remington's are weird cause you can twist the bullet in the case. Don't know if they were designed that way or what. We use them for practice though Cause I'm saving the Federals for monthly matches.

Just one mag. The guy I dealt with pointed out that they had NO extra mags before I even said I would take it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top