JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.375 Raptor (Left)
.45 Raptor (Center)
.308 Winchester (Right)

IMG_6748.JPG

IMG_6749.JPG .45 Raptor (Left)
.270 WSM (Right)

IMG_6756.JPG

ASC AR10 magazine converted to shoot the .45 Raptor.

IMG_6750.JPG Properly headstamped brass.

IMG_6752.JPG
I'm going to start with the Lehigh Defense 250gr Extreme Penetrators.

IMG_6757.PNG
I recently assembled a AR10 in .375 Raptor. While researching load data @ Raptor Shooting systems. I saw data on the .45 Raptor and I thought it would be interesting to try it. Still waiting on my muzzle brake to be delivered.

16" Barrel performance.

200gr Hornady FTX 2850 FPS
230gr Sierra FMJ 2600 FPS
240gr Hornady XTP MAG 2600 FPS
250gr Hornady FTX 2500 FPS
300gr Hornady XTP MAG 2300 FPS

Only if you send the .460's cylinder off and have it converted.

The .460 is a rimmed cartridge. The 45 Raptor has a rebated rim. Just like a standard .308 or 30-06 case. There are companies that will convert a .460 S&W cylinder to shoot "Moon clips" so you can shoot the 45 Raptor through it. Once converted you can also shoot the .460 through fit along with 9 or so other chamberings.

45 Rowland
454 Casull
45 Long colt
45 Super Etc, etc, etc

Only if you send the .460's cylinder off and have it converted.

The .460 is a rimmed cartridge. The 45 Raptor has a rebated rim. Just like a standard .308 or 30-06 case. There are companies that will convert a .460 S&W cylinder to shoot "Moon clips" so you can shoot the 45 Raptor through it. Once converted you can also shoot the .460 through fit along with 9 or so other chamberings.

45 Rowland
454 Casull
45 Long colt
45 Super Etc, etc, etc

Yes - I intend to have it converted to shoot with moon clips, if for no other reason than to shoot .45 ACP.

I would like a lever action in .460, but the cost is twice what a .45 Raptor AR would be.

If SIG made a steel frame P227 I would consider converting it to .460 Rowland, but I have been reading some iffy things about the original inventor and reliability of the conversions.

I'm a little behind you in my build. I spent a year working the kinks out of my 358 win AR10. Now I'm going to up the weight. I'm having trouble finding magazines. Any suggestions.

I've got some of the components stacked. Most everything else is available. Still trying to decide on 16" or 18" barrel. Really no benefit, just atheists. Going to mount ATN night vision in it. Night fighter. Can't find magazines.

Interesting, subscribed so I can see updates.

Is this a caliber for suppression or just a fit for the 308 AR10 platforms?

Still trying to decide on 16" or 18" barrel. Really no benefit, just atheists. Going to mount ATN night vision in it.
Atheists prefer the 18" for bragging rights. :D
You'll like the ATN. I've been working with their 4K 5-20, and with my IR torch, can see clearly to 300 yards. FOV in the dark is limited by your lamp.
For CQB, you'll want a much dimmer IR lamp because the light off of walls causes the old "white bloom" in the LCD for about a second when you go from looking down a hallway to swinging past a wall then down another hall. The one that ships with the ATN has a multi brightness setting. I haven't tried it yet because I noted, the switch doesn't turn off completely and drains the CR123 lithium batteries (at least on mine).

This all started with the 358 because nothing in an AR15 platform was potent enough at range. Subsonic or not. The 358 & the 45 may be suppressed eventually. Cans are not standard and must be custom fabricated. That ability is within my range at nominal costs, however, right now, . No. I'm looking at an excess of $3k/unit when complete.

I think the original wildcats were out of resized 308. Looking at the deminsions, .It may be easier to use 30-06. Inside case diameter and taper are a concern. It's kind of a mute point. Commercial brass is available from several suppliers. Starline and Midway both carry it. Midday carries loaded ammo. Buy ammo get brass.

Hmmmm.
I stumbled onto the subject of 45 Raptor by looking for alternative calibers to fit the AR10 frame. One thing that drew me to 45 Raptor is it is a straigh wall cartridge.

Straight wall cartridges are needed for hunting large game in certain states, one of them I may be relocating to in the near future.

The other draw, since it being AR10 sized, I had thought .308 brass would work. Looks like that is not the case. At least Starline has brass available for it, and some niche ammunition companies load for it.

Screenshot_20181119-212722~2.png There is probably DIY UTUBE or other resources available for forming brass. I was just looking at the deminsions in comparison to the 308 and 30-06. I lost interest in building my own after I found commercial brass. Like 6.5 Creedmoore or 358 win. I don't resize those either. Don't make your life more complex than necessary. That we are doing this at all is enough.

.375 Raptor (Left)
.45 Raptor (Center)
.308 Winchester (Right)

View attachment 422935

View attachment 422936 .45 Raptor (Left)
.270 WSM (Right)

View attachment 422938

ASC AR10 magazine converted to shoot the .45 Raptor.

View attachment 422937 Properly headstamped brass.

View attachment 422939
I'm going to start with the Lehigh Defense 250gr Extreme Penetrators.

View attachment 422940
I recently assembled a AR10 in .375 Raptor. While researching load data @ Raptor Shooting systems. I saw data on the .45 Raptor and I thought it would be interesting to try it. Still waiting on my muzzle brake to be delivered.

16" Barrel performance.

200gr Hornady FTX 2850 FPS
230gr Sierra FMJ 2600 FPS
240gr Hornady XTP MAG 2600 FPS
250gr Hornady FTX 2500 FPS
300gr Hornady XTP MAG 2300 FPS
Most excellent. I have assembled the back 1/2 of my Raptor. The barrel components are next. I've been going show because I'm including some specific components that require some shopping. The entire receiver including BCG Aero Precision. Luth butt stock.

I've been researching muzzle brakes. I think Witt Machine is going to get the nodd. Then all that's left is the barrel. An Satern 18" I think. Starline has plentiful brass, and Hornady for dies.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top