JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found this kit up here locally and was happy to take on the challenge. I do not have the bending jig yet. But I do have access to one from the guy I bought the kit from. But, because this building thing has turned into a hobby so to speak. I want My own jig and know where to get one. The Cetme "L" is a .223 caliber and was manufactured awhile ago. Maybe that is where the US military got the idea for there standard M16 round. I don't know, just a thought. Anyway, I have a flat and the bending process is similar to bending a HK flat. Bend and weld. I have to demill the trigger pack for semi only. But it looks pretty simple. I have brand new unfired a US barrel. I am excited. I will post pics as I go.

IMG_2767_zps4cltuzus.jpg

IMG_2769_zpscisx8b1z.jpg

IMG_2770_zpshhjwwwyo.jpg

IMG_2772_zpshnynv7aq.jpg

Last Edited:
UP DATE!!!!!!

Well I ordered the bending jig and a higher quality flat from HMG. I got the receiver bent and fitted.
IMG_2854_zpsbaqhggdb.jpg

The bending jig and the flat were made to match up with each other. The jig and the flat have specific index points and the fit is very tight.
IMG_2825_zpsuro297wn.jpg

IMG_2826_zpskwjvcze0.jpg

This is after the bend. The jig comes with two bolts and nuts to manually tighten as you bend but I use the hydraulic press. Much easier and faster.

Because the tooling and the flat were made to match. It is almost impossible to ef things up. Both high quality. A perfect bend the first time out....

IMG_2828_zpscvphqx0q.jpg

IMG_2829_zps6nvgxryv.jpg

IMG_2830_zpsfguenfuc.jpg

Last Edited:
As you can see in the background of these pics. Is the lesser quality flat that I got when I bought the kit. It does not have the index points like the higher quality one does. So like bending an HK flat. You have to measure to make sure you are dead center. I thought what the hell. I'll bend this one for comparison.

IMG_2834_zps3eekk5es.jpg

IMG_2835_zps84upzyag.jpg

IMG_2836_zpsodoreobg.jpg

IMG_2838_zpsusyzep6m.jpg

The mag well between the two flats for some reason are very different. I am not sure why they are designed different.

IMG_2839_zpsfg5qxeu9.jpg

IMG_2840_zpsm5j09clm.jpg

IMG_2841_zps1rp17n0c.jpg

IMG_2842_zpsxktdi87x.jpg IMG_2843_zpsjds7drjs.jpg

IMG_2846_zpsphfyvgtf.jpg
The mag catch cuts are very different also. One would have to finish the cut on the lesser receiver.

IMG_2847_zpsez8netao.jpg

IMG_2848_zpsnwqmrezu.jpg

IMG_2850_zpswztm6v1r.jpg
The lesser quality flat is usable but would take much more work to get the finished product.
Well that's it for now. I will post more pics as I go. I am learning as I go.

Last Edited:
Nice job. Have you decided on how to finish coat the rifle when it's done? I have a decent home process, but don't want to offer unsolicited advice.

Very cool. I have several "kit" guns that I have bought and someday want to build but thus far all I have done is pile up parts. I have a couple of CETME C kits but have been unable to find barrels, a couple uzi's and several AK's... All just piled in a corner

Someday :(

Ha, you sound like me. I have stuff coming as we speak and projects here to finish. I too am building a "C" kit. barrels are hard to find but a G3/91 barrel will work. I have one coming.

Last Edited: