JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is my latest build... Basic info: 6.8 SPC with 18" middy Noveske barrel and VLTOR and topped with Burris 10 power with mil dot scope. I hope to site it in soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get out to the range this weekend and start the break in/sight in process. If you excluded my flier the rifle grouped .6" center to center on my last four shots. So this rifle seems to have potenial with factory loads. :)

sweet rifle...

Yea, the hornady stuff is really high quality. I havn't spent much time playing around with loads for it, but they do a better job with the factory stuff than I've done with handloads thus far.

What trigger did you go with? I just built a rifle similar an used the RRA NM trigger. Haven't fired mine yet either. Still waiting to get optics for it.

I just have trigger that came with my LPK (Rock River LPK) so it is nothing to write about. After I get the the rifle broken it, I think I will Bill Springfield do the trigger @ 3lbs (I believe it is the best trigger for the money)

Very nice looking! I have been thinking about building myself one as well as a varmint rifle.

Stop thinking about and start gathering the parts! The AR is just like lego's for adults...:s0112: I miss my varmint AR I sold a few years ago... I may have to build one more... 24" bull barrel...now see what you did;)

And thanks for all the compliments!

You should at least get yourself the RRA NM trigger. It would be a shame to spend all that money building a precision rifle to leave that rough trigger in there. You can get one for about $85 shipped. Might even help with accuracy.

I just have trigger that came with my LPK (Rock River LPK) so it is nothing to write about. After I get the the rifle broken it, I think I will Bill Springfield do the trigger @ 3lbs (I believe it is the best trigger for the money)

Stop thinking about and start gathering the parts! The AR is just like lego's for adults...:s0112: I miss my varmint AR I sold a few years ago... I may have to build one more... 24" bull barrel...now see what you did;)

And thanks for all the compliments!

Only things stopping me is I haven't decided exactly what specs I want to build it to. I also am looking for a parts list that shows all of the individual compnonets that can be purchased seperately. When I do build one I am going to have to buy it 1 piece at a time so my wife doesn't flip out about the cost. She still hasn't gotten over the $500+ that I spent on getting setup to reload my own ammo. :winkkiss:

I agree. I have two of his triggers, one 3 lb and one 4 lb. For the money, they are very hard to beat. I also have a pair of RRA NM triggers and they are ok too, just a bit more expensive.

Nice 6.8!

I agree. I have two of his triggers, one 3 lb and one 4 lb. For the money, they are very hard to beat. I also have a pair of RRA NM triggers and they are ok too, just a bit more expensive.

Nice 6.8!

I finally put in the Bill Springfield trigger ( I just purchase a complete trigger assembly that way I can send in the old trigger for a trigger job then drop it in my other AR), anyway it seem like a very nice trigger for the money. I can't wait to get to the range...to see if my groups shrink with a better trigger.:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top