JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is my latest build... Basic info: 6.8 SPC with 18" middy Noveske barrel and VLTOR and topped with Burris 10 power with mil dot scope. I hope to site it in soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get out to the range this weekend and start the break in/sight in process. If you excluded my flier the rifle grouped .6" center to center on my last four shots. So this rifle seems to have potenial with factory loads. :)

sweet rifle...

Yea, the hornady stuff is really high quality. I havn't spent much time playing around with loads for it, but they do a better job with the factory stuff than I've done with handloads thus far.

What trigger did you go with? I just built a rifle similar an used the RRA NM trigger. Haven't fired mine yet either. Still waiting to get optics for it.

I just have trigger that came with my LPK (Rock River LPK) so it is nothing to write about. After I get the the rifle broken it, I think I will Bill Springfield do the trigger @ 3lbs (I believe it is the best trigger for the money)

Very nice looking! I have been thinking about building myself one as well as a varmint rifle.

Stop thinking about and start gathering the parts! The AR is just like lego's for adults...:s0112: I miss my varmint AR I sold a few years ago... I may have to build one more... 24" bull barrel...now see what you did;)

And thanks for all the compliments!

You should at least get yourself the RRA NM trigger. It would be a shame to spend all that money building a precision rifle to leave that rough trigger in there. You can get one for about $85 shipped. Might even help with accuracy.

I just have trigger that came with my LPK (Rock River LPK) so it is nothing to write about. After I get the the rifle broken it, I think I will Bill Springfield do the trigger @ 3lbs (I believe it is the best trigger for the money)

Stop thinking about and start gathering the parts! The AR is just like lego's for adults...:s0112: I miss my varmint AR I sold a few years ago... I may have to build one more... 24" bull barrel...now see what you did;)

And thanks for all the compliments!

Only things stopping me is I haven't decided exactly what specs I want to build it to. I also am looking for a parts list that shows all of the individual compnonets that can be purchased seperately. When I do build one I am going to have to buy it 1 piece at a time so my wife doesn't flip out about the cost. She still hasn't gotten over the $500+ that I spent on getting setup to reload my own ammo. :winkkiss:

I agree. I have two of his triggers, one 3 lb and one 4 lb. For the money, they are very hard to beat. I also have a pair of RRA NM triggers and they are ok too, just a bit more expensive.

Nice 6.8!

I agree. I have two of his triggers, one 3 lb and one 4 lb. For the money, they are very hard to beat. I also have a pair of RRA NM triggers and they are ok too, just a bit more expensive.

Nice 6.8!

I finally put in the Bill Springfield trigger ( I just purchase a complete trigger assembly that way I can send in the old trigger for a trigger job then drop it in my other AR), anyway it seem like a very nice trigger for the money. I can't wait to get to the range...to see if my groups shrink with a better trigger.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top