Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

My latest AR build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by techieguy, Jul 29, 2010.

1. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

Here is my latest build... Basic info: 6.8 SPC with 18" middy Noveske barrel and VLTOR and topped with Burris 10 power with mil dot scope. I hope to site it in soon...

4842871460_872522f56c_b.jpg
    4842262357_c0946a287c.jpg
    4842262357_c0946a287c.jpg
    4842888056_76cf6a18f2_b.jpg

2. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

WOW, nice job buddy!:thumbup:

3. techieguy

thanks! I still need to vet my wife's AR at the range. Too much work and not enough play time.

4. BlackRidge

BlackRidge Sammamish, WA Member

Ooooo thats a sweet looking setup!

5. techieguy

I was able to get out to the range this weekend and start the break in/sight in process. If you excluded my flier the rifle grouped .6" center to center on my last four shots. So this rifle seems to have potenial with factory loads. :)

6. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

sweet rifle...

Yea, the hornady stuff is really high quality. I havn't spent much time playing around with loads for it, but they do a better job with the factory stuff than I've done with handloads thus far.

7. Merle

Merle Graham, WA Active Member

What trigger did you go with? I just built a rifle similar an used the RRA NM trigger. Haven't fired mine yet either. Still waiting to get optics for it.

8. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

Very nice looking! I have been thinking about building myself one as well as a varmint rifle.

9. techieguy

I just have trigger that came with my LPK (Rock River LPK) so it is nothing to write about. After I get the the rifle broken it, I think I will Bill Springfield do the trigger @ 3lbs (I believe it is the best trigger for the money)

Stop thinking about and start gathering the parts! The AR is just like lego's for adults...:bluelaugh: I miss my varmint AR I sold a few years ago... I may have to build one more... 24" bull barrel...now see what you did;)

And thanks for all the compliments!

10. Merle

Merle Graham, WA Active Member

You should at least get yourself the RRA NM trigger. It would be a shame to spend all that money building a precision rifle to leave that rough trigger in there. You can get one for about $85 shipped. Might even help with accuracy.

11. Atroxus

Atroxus Marysville, WA Member

Only things stopping me is I haven't decided exactly what specs I want to build it to. I also am looking for a parts list that shows all of the individual compnonets that can be purchased seperately. When I do build one I am going to have to buy it 1 piece at a time so my wife doesn't flip out about the cost. She still hasn't gotten over the $500+ that I spent on getting setup to reload my own ammo. :winkkiss:

12. Mister_E

Mister_E Oregon Active Member

Nice job, looks great. +1 on the RRA match trigger. Or save up a little bit and go with a 3lb Timney trigger. ;)

13. erslll

erslll Hermiston OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I agree. I have two of his triggers, one 3 lb and one 4 lb. For the money, they are very hard to beat. I also have a pair of RRA NM triggers and they are ok too, just a bit more expensive.

Nice 6.8!

14. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

save your money and do an ar15.com trigger job

15. techieguy

I finally put in the Bill Springfield trigger ( I just purchase a complete trigger assembly that way I can send in the old trigger for a trigger job then drop it in my other AR), anyway it seem like a very nice trigger for the money. I can't wait to get to the range...to see if my groups shrink with a better trigger.:)