JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i just pulled up this thread and saw your work. Very nice. I have been making kydex holsters for the last two years and just recently tried my hand at leather holster making. When I produce something in leather that looks as nice as yours I will send a photo. Again, very nice work!

Thing I like about leather is it's very forgiving. Doesn't take much to make a good IWB holster that doesn't hafta look nice to work the way You want it to, takes me 3-4 hours with my speedy stitcher and what's left of the phone book (I stick the needle through the leather into the phonebook) You can buy "pull the dot" snaps, I get mine from ohio travel bag, but other places sell them too, not hard to install, just need a hard surface to place the snap holder anvil , about any vise has a little anvil -in the rear, plenty of room to crimp the built-in rivit that holds the lower half of a snap in place.

For the finer detail lines I use either the back end of a sharpie or one of the Tandy stitch line tools with the cutting bar knocked out. I usually go over the big contours but with really thin grain leather I've seen the serial number and roll marks on the holster. Enjoy the craft but be careful it's easy to get a backlog.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top