JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In observance on the 2009 Inauguration, I purchased my very first rifle:

stag_AR15.jpg

Stag Arms AR15 chambered in 5.56mm
16" chrome lined barrel
Iron sights (front post/rear flip)
6-pos stock
1:9 twist

It's nothing special to look at, except to know that it's mine when I look at it. I haven't held a rifle since I left the military nearly 20 years. It's surprising how much you forget, and how quickly it comes back to you.

I was able to spend just a little time at the range: 1 hour, 100 rounds, 100 yards; but the results made me happy. Shot groups were all low and to the left, but they were pretty tight: about 2" in diameter.

Ammo was American Eagle (brass case) .223 and I had not one single hiccup.

It was a good day. :s0155:

I was able to spend just a little time at the range: 1 hour, 100 rounds, 100 yards; but the results made me happy. Shot groups were all low and to the left, but they were pretty tight: about 2" in diameter.

Ammo was American Eagle (brass case) .223 and I had not one single hiccup.

I used to coach for the US Marines but its been a while lol

Incase you hadnt adjusted the iron site which im sure you did .

for 100 yards set the rear at 8/3 ( -2 )to the 100 yard elevation and make the elevation corrections from the front sight post. I believe the Carbine should be very close to the A2's I worked with with 1 MOA "minute of Angle" per hundred yards turned to clock wise. Regarding windage I believes the standard for most A2 rear sights is .25 MOA? so for clicks to needed direction for 1 inch per 100 meeters. Its been a while.

Hope it helps and anyone reading this please correct me if Im wrong.

Semper Fi

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top