JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In observance on the 2009 Inauguration, I purchased my very first rifle:

stag_AR15.jpg

Stag Arms AR15 chambered in 5.56mm
16" chrome lined barrel
Iron sights (front post/rear flip)
6-pos stock
1:9 twist

It's nothing special to look at, except to know that it's mine when I look at it. I haven't held a rifle since I left the military nearly 20 years. It's surprising how much you forget, and how quickly it comes back to you.

I was able to spend just a little time at the range: 1 hour, 100 rounds, 100 yards; but the results made me happy. Shot groups were all low and to the left, but they were pretty tight: about 2" in diameter.

Ammo was American Eagle (brass case) .223 and I had not one single hiccup.

It was a good day. :s0155:

I was able to spend just a little time at the range: 1 hour, 100 rounds, 100 yards; but the results made me happy. Shot groups were all low and to the left, but they were pretty tight: about 2" in diameter.

Ammo was American Eagle (brass case) .223 and I had not one single hiccup.

I used to coach for the US Marines but its been a while lol

Incase you hadnt adjusted the iron site which im sure you did .

for 100 yards set the rear at 8/3 ( -2 )to the 100 yard elevation and make the elevation corrections from the front sight post. I believe the Carbine should be very close to the A2's I worked with with 1 MOA "minute of Angle" per hundred yards turned to clock wise. Regarding windage I believes the standard for most A2 rear sights is .25 MOA? so for clicks to needed direction for 1 inch per 100 meeters. Its been a while.

Hope it helps and anyone reading this please correct me if Im wrong.

Semper Fi

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads