JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a big load of this stuff and its just not for me. I bought it for a particular weapon and the barrel is too short so the powder isnt burning completely. I can line you up with load data links on the net for IMR7383.

Powder info; IMR7383 This is a slow burning stick powder originally used for the Cal. .50 M48A2 Spotter/Tracer round. This is not the same case as that known as the .50 Browning Machine Gun cartridge. This powder is NOT recommended for the .50 BMG round. It is a very bulky, single-based powder, composed of 85% nitrocellulose and 15% stabilizers, flash inhibitors and graphite; that was developed to replace the IMR4831 powder that was being used. It has about the same propellant energy as IMR4831 when compared in equal volume. IMR4831 data can be used. Begin with starting loads, reduced 15% by weight. This is new powder, not pulldown.

My unopened 7 pounder of IMR7383 for your 4 unopened 1 pounders of (any combination) 4895, 4198, 3031, or Varget. 2 available.

Just out of curiosity what did you get it to load? I've heard mixed reviews with the best results supposedly being heavy bullets in belted magnums pretty much just shy of a compressed load.

Well, I bought it because it was a fairly good deal on that amount of powder and it is good functional powder. The instructions that came with it were as follows;

It is a very bulky, single-based powder, composed of 85% nitrocellulose and 15% stabilizers, flash inhibitors and graphite; that was developed to replace the IMR4831 powder that was being used. It has about the same propellant energy as IMR4831 when compared in equal volume. IMR4831 data can be used. Begin with starting loads, reduced 15% by weight.

So when I read those instructions I figured I'd go ahead and get it to load anything and everything that uses 4831. What I came up against was this. I've built a couple long range rifles and the biggest difference between this powder and a 4831 is that since this powder is so bulky you cant get enough in the case to develop the standard and higher velocities to carry the bullet long distance. That "reduced by 15%" part also reflects about what you're losing in velocity. And yes, right at or a pinch below compressed is how you want to run this powder after of course you've worked up your loads and gotten to that point. The "flash inhibiting" aspect was also of interest to me ;-)

Very functional powder.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top