JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The goal would be a lightweight well balanced bolt action for hunting that can handle any ammo in its caliber, and have an easy fast action.

Straight pull rotating bolt action available as aluminum, SS or titanium for rimfire, and SS or titanium for centerfire. Available as left or right bolt/eject. Barrels available as SS (black or natural matte) or carbon fiber. Threaded, crowned or integral suppressor. Full floating barrel. Optional shrouds with or w/o full pic rail. Pic rail for action. Both pic rails would have folddown pop up iron sight options.

Bullpup chassis - aluminum, with the pistol grip such that it balances more or less at the midpoint with a compact scope, i.e., neither muzzle nor rear biased. The chassis would contain a pull cable link to the sear firing mechanism, with a bell-crank at each end, I have found by experience (AWC G2A) that this mechanism works much better than a push rod mechanism and can be easily routed. The grip attachment point would accept any AR-15 standard grip.

For some calibers mags would be available, or single shot. Mags for rimfire would be Ruger rimfire compatible. Mags for centerfire would be compatible with US milspec or AICS mags, if available. Otherwise the most popular mag for the caliber (e.g., an FN Five Seven mag for 5.7x28).

Mostly I am thinking most rimfire chamberings, and for centerfire - .223, 5.7x28, .22 Hornet, etc. - with twist rates and chamber freebore/lead such that longer/heavier hunting bullets would work well.

The trigger guard would have interchangeable options for size and shape (e.g., for use with gloves). The trigger lever would be available with a interchangeable choice of flat or curved smooth, serrated, checkered. The firing control mechanism would allow for adjustment of the trigger pull weight, reset, etc., and there would be a set trigger option (ala CZ rifle single set triggers).

I micro action in 5.7 would be insanely cool. Everyone wants to make a semiautomatic handgun in 5.7 these days, but a tiny bolt action would be the only way I'd get into that caliber. I think such a gun would do more for the caliber than any sort of handgun would. Especially since the caliber doesn't require long barrels to get good ballistics.

Lots of straight pull AR10 like rifles being teased and or released at Shot Shot. If those companies decide to do the same with an AR15 size action, that would be a great start!

If Savage came out with their straight pull action in a pistol form that would be cool.

I micro action in 5.7 would be insanely cool. Everyone wants to make a semiautomatic handgun in 5.7 these days, but a tiny bolt action would be the only way I'd get into that caliber. I think such a gun would do more for the caliber than any sort of handgun would. Especially since the caliber doesn't require long barrels to get good ballistics.
I think it was Savage or Mossberg who tried to make a bolt action rifle for 5.7x28, but had problems?

I don't understand what the problems could have been - it isn't a high power cartridge and there are T/C barrels for 5.7x28. The only thing I can think of would be sticky brass, but not sure why that would happen in a bolt action and not in any of the semis - although they are all blowback, so maybe that would help?

I think it was Savage or Mossberg who tried to make a bolt action rifle for 5.7x28, but had problems?

I don't understand what the problems could have been - it isn't a high power cartridge and there are T/C barrels for 5.7x28. The only thing I can think of would be sticky brass, but not sure why that would happen in a bolt action and not in any of the semis - although they are all blowback, so maybe that would help?
Savage did. I dont think it was issue related, likely more popularity of 5.7 at that time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top