JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do own guns and am quite confident the guns I own would not be confiscated. I have another question on the topic of sensible gun control.

Why is it whenever this this topic comes up, the only people with "rights" are gun owners. Don't the people in my town or neighborhood have "rights" to know the gun owners living among them are safe law abiding citizens of sound mind and body...and are not considered a risk to the community as a gun owner.

I prefer to keep my personal protection firearm close to me, unlocked and ready for immediate use. I cannot imagine asking any person breaking into my house to kindly wait while I go to my safe, enter my code and retrieve my firearm. Like another person addressed before, most people were raised with guns in their home. Most were loaded and not in a safe. Not too long ago people were once raised with morals and taught to respect firearms; we understood right from wrong and many other values which seem to have disappeared from a large majority of today's young Americans. I see this every day. Why are we even debating gun control, why are people all over asking "Why does anyone need an AR-15" or magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Any potential ban or regulation will do nothing but to prevent crime. The only person affected by any new legislation, would be the law abiding citizen. To answer the question about why someone would ever need an AR-15 or other Military Style weapon is simple! The sole reason for a citizen to own any military style firearm is to protect their liberties from a tyrant nation. Whether foreign or domestic i.e. the US Government! Yes the 2nd Amendment was written when Americans carried muskets but if our founding fathers actually wanted the people to only bare muskets, then they would have used the term "Muskets" rather than "Arms". In addition to that, our founding fathers would never want our government to have weapons greater than the people. Otherwise the people would never be able to protect ourselves from tyranny. Our government was never supposed to be the RULER of the people. We the people, employ our government. Perhaps we need to remind them of this! Every time our governing officials attempt to infringe our rights and I am talking about all of our rights. They are committing acts of treason against our nation.
Sorry guys and gals, I get a little heated when I read about these issues. It kills me inside when I see how easily manipulated people are. Why anyone can even look at guns as the problem or believe that somehow more legislation is the solution, disgusts me! If anyone really wants to know the true reason for most of these recent shootings here you go. Every killing without motive has been tied to mental illness. However, it's not the "illness" that is the cause. I believe the cause is the medicine parents and doctors are pouring down the throats of our kids. We need to stop feeding our kids Psychiatric medicines. Have you ever read the side effects on these FDA Approved medicines they are very mind altering! Suicidal tendencies, Anger, depression, Tantrums of rage, etc... Here we take an already unstable person, load them up on pills, the result is a ticking time bomb. The reason why the Government is not addressing this real issue is because of the enormous revenue the government makes off the "drug industry". It's a multi-billion dollar industry that pays a lot better than any tax on guns and ammunition. Our government is corrupt and gets worse every day. Democrat or Republican they are all part of the same globalist system and there is no accountability for their actions. Someday people will get their heads out of the clouds and will revolt. The government knows this and they fear a well armed militia.
I heard on the news people saying if we don't ban assault weapons we are letting those 20 kids die in vain... We need to say if you infringe on our God given rights you let millions of American soldiers die in vain! How does nobody see this?

http://www.cchrint.org/pdfs/Psychiatric_Drugs_Cause_Violence.pdf

I prefer to keep my personal protection firearm close to me, unlocked and ready for immediate use. I cannot imagine asking any person breaking into my house to kindly wait while I go to my safe, enter my code and retrieve my firearm. Like another person addressed before, most people were raised with guns in their home. Most were loaded and not in a safe. Not too long ago people were once raised with morals and taught to respect firearms; we understood right from wrong and many other values which seem to have disappeared from a large majority of today’s young Americans. I see this every day. Why are we even debating gun control, why are people all over asking “Why does anyone need an AR-15” or magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. Any potential ban or regulation will do nothing but to prevent crime. The only person affected by any new legislation, would be the law abiding citizen. To answer the question about why someone would ever need an AR-15 or other Military Style weapon is simple! The sole reason for a citizen to own any military style firearm is to protect their liberties from a tyrant nation. Whether foreign or domestic i.e. the US Government! Yes the 2nd Amendment was written when Americans carried muskets but if our founding fathers actually wanted the people to only bare muskets, then they would have used the term “Muskets” rather than “Arms”. In addition to that, our founding fathers would never want our government to have weapons greater than the people. Otherwise the people would never be able to protect ourselves from tyranny. Our government was never supposed to be the RULER of the people. We the people, employ our government. Perhaps we need to remind them of this! Every time our governing officials attempt to infringe our rights and I am talking about all of our rights. They are committing acts of treason against our nation.
Sorry guys and gals, I get a little heated when I read about these issues. It kills me inside when I see how easily manipulated people are. Why anyone can even look at guns as the problem or believe that somehow more legislation is the solution, disgusts me! If anyone really wants to know the true reason for most of these recent shootings here you go. Every killing without motive has been tied to mental illness. However, it’s not the “illness” that is the cause. I believe the cause is the medicine parents and doctors are pouring down the throats of our kids. We need to stop feeding our kids Psychiatric medicines. Have you ever read the side effects on these FDA Approved medicines they are very mind altering! Suicidal tendencies, Anger, depression, Tantrums of rage, etc... Here we take an already unstable person, load them up on pills, the result is a ticking time bomb. The reason why the Government is not addressing this real issue is because of the enormous revenue the government makes off the “drug industry”. It’s a multi-billion dollar industry that pays a lot better than any tax on guns and ammunition. Our government is corrupt and gets worse every day. Democrat or Republican they are all part of the same globalist system and there is no accountability for their actions. Someday people will get their heads out of the clouds and will revolt. The government knows this and they fear a well armed militia.
I heard on the news people saying if we don’t ban assault weapons we are letting those 20 kids die in vain… We need to say if you infringe on our God given rights you let millions of American soldiers die in vain! How does nobody see this?

http://www.cchrint.org/pdfs/Psychiatric_Drugs_Cause_Violence.pdf

I hear you brother. I also keep my carry gun on my hip in the daytime and the nightstand when in bed (always under my control)

I would never suggest that someone lock up their carry piece. You kinda strayed a touch from the topic, so do you think that a tax deduction for fun safes is a bad idea? Are you thinking that it is one step closer to a total ban? Like I said earlier, I'm just throwing out a possible solution that in my mind might appease the grabbers and not affect my rights. A safer happier America if you will.

Why is it whenever this this topic comes up, the only people with "rights" are gun owners. Don't the people in my town or neighborhood have "rights" to know the gun owners living among them are safe law abiding citizens of sound mind and body...and are not considered a risk to the community as a gun owner.

I've got a question for you. Do you know where your rights begin and end?

let's try to stay on topic ehh.

My apologies. :D

I'm not sure what more I could say to further this conversation. I practice and believe in securing your firearms when not in use, but I also believe it is a matter of personal choice. I would be open to a legislative discussion on this, but I would want to see it before I make up my mind about it. Until then, no.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top