JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I propose that we have a federal firearm safe give away program. We can make the safes right here in the good ole USA. I'm talking a safe for every household that wants one. I know a lot of gun owners would prefer to keep their guns locked up but have difficulty footing the $500 plus bill for a decent safe. It seems like a lot of the crazies who are getting their hands on weapons are stealing them from others who don't have their guns locked up. This is a government handout that most Americans should be able to agree on. I'm expecting to get flamed pretty hard here and I am not a fan of handouts. The left wants to take the guns, we won't give me up and wackos go on mad killing sprees. My question, do you think this is a sensible approach?

So you are seriously asking if giving a welfare package to the safe industry is a sensible approach to an edge case scenario?

Maybe we can also give a bailout to the Pharma industry and give free meds to anyone who wants them too.

1, I'm not worried about my non existing constitutional right to bear fertilizer bombs or to drive a car. I am worried about losing my right to bear arms.

2, Did your government supplied tv converter box automatically change the channel for you or limit what shows you could watch? (FYI, we spent 1.39 billion on that program) A magic "express open code" of the type you describe would be pretty difficult to do with a consumer set combination lock.
3, in what way shape or form is this "giving an inch"?

All consumer set electronic lock type safes have a manufacturers back-door combination. Ask any locksmith. It is conceivable that our rulers could require mandatory access to those backdoor combos.

I suggest these two ideas as a step in the "sensible" direction

1. Treat all guns like a automobiles. Track ownership and require titles and licenses with annual renewal fees.
2. Track all ammunition, large clip/magazine and body armor sales and require registration with photo ID and fingerprint at the time of purchase.

I realize these ideas do not address the black market culture of firearm aquisition and ownership in this county, but we need a place to start!

I can see the op is trying to come up with idea's. Just can not understand why personal responsibility is so rare these days. To many people, upbringing, lack of morals...who knows. In my life time I do not see it changing. To the op's ? NO on charging taxpayers for gun safes. We can not fix bad people. Just does not and never has happened. Well used to hang a few...that ended for the most part.

I suggest these two ideas as a step in the "sensible" direction

1. Treat all guns like a automobiles. Track ownership and require titles and licenses with annual renewal fees.
2. Track all ammunition, large clip/magazine and body armor sales and require registration with photo ID and fingerprint at the time of purchase.

I realize these ideas do not address the black market culture of firearm aquisition and ownership in this county, but we need a place to start!

I just had a conversation with a gun owner that espouses the same ideas. He became very upset when I called him a traitorous clown.

So you're wanting gun registration, ownership taxes, and then activity tracking. How long do you really think until a confiscation begins?

With friends like these...

My thought on tracking....it could lead to the identification of individuals with unstable emotional/psychological problems, IE the type of folks who continue to paint gun ownership into tighter and tighter corner based on their actions. (Read- gunning down innocent people) in that case, confiscation is in order.

This would be stupid as if you sell just one gun you can buy the safe yourself.
If you have a situation where you really need to have you guns locked up,which ,I believe,is any situation,you could buy the safe before you start collecting guns.
Heck,how much is one of those little handgun safes? Less than the gun that goes in it right?

If you only have a carry gun per person,then you probably don't need to have safe,just a place to hide it when showering.Unless you wear it there too.

Do we really want more interference by the government?
Why should I pay for a safe for a irresponsible gun owner? Cause WE would be paying for this program.

Sell a gun and get one or build a false wall that locks and hide them ($100 in materials) YOURSELF instead of starting another government give a way.

Gun control is like the safety on a revolver. It only exists between your ears. My dad never locked his guns up to keep them away from us kids...we knew better than to use them without his permission. God only knows why that poor woman left her guns where her son could get at them, but legislation of ANY kind will not prevent a kid gaining access. That responsibility lies completely and entirely with the "adult" in any given situation. Just sayin'...

Gun control is like the safety on a revolver. It only exists between your ears. My dad never locked his guns up to keep them away from us kids...we knew better than to use them without his permission. God only knows why that poor woman left her guns where her son could get at them, but legislation of ANY kind will not prevent a kid gaining access. That responsibility lies completely and entirely with the "adult" in any given situation. Just sayin'...

Totally agree, What about the asshat who robs your house? Are you gonna educate him on gun safety by modeling good behavior?

Totally agree, What about the asshat who robs your house? Are you gonna educate him on gun safety by modeling good behavior?

No different from teaching the guy who steals your car how to drive. :D

I want to remind, MA has safe storage laws, and they're often used to put good people into legal hot water.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top