JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I propose that we have a federal firearm safe give away program. We can make the safes right here in the good ole USA. I'm talking a safe for every household that wants one. I know a lot of gun owners would prefer to keep their guns locked up but have difficulty footing the $500 plus bill for a decent safe. It seems like a lot of the crazies who are getting their hands on weapons are stealing them from others who don't have their guns locked up. This is a government handout that most Americans should be able to agree on. I'm expecting to get flamed pretty hard here and I am not a fan of handouts. The left wants to take the guns, we won't give me up and wackos go on mad killing sprees. My question, do you think this is a sensible approach?

Maybe there father or grandfather handed the gun down. Maybe they only have a pos Jennings because that is all that they could afford to protect themselves.

How is it that someone has the money to spend thousands to buy multi0le firearms but can't afford a safe to protect them?

I was on my way to buy another gun safe a while back and I stopped at a buddies house to BS and told him where I was going he said "would you feel safer with another safe or another gun?" I bought a gun that day. I have since bought another safe. . . and things to fill it. I could see giving out the metal gun cabinets but a safe seems a little too much.

Maybe there father or grandfather handed the gun down. Maybe they only have a pos Jennings because that is all that they could afford to protect themselves.

+1 I can agree with this I know people that fall under both these criteria.

"government handout" I don't agree with it, would be another welfare program.

Are your items really SAFE?

The video shows them breaking into low end chinese safes. That's not what I'm talking about. I realize any safe will be foiled at some point and respect your feelings on handouts, I'm no fan either. I'm just looking for realistic ways of protecting citizens without having my rights stripped from me. Call it a compromise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sensible gun control? Oh please. Who came up with phrase? Hitler? Stalin? Pol Pot? Talk about an oxymoron.

I believe it was the spawn of all 3, i just used the term so you would read the post.
It seems to me a gun safe would have prevented both of the shootings that just occurred.

I'm just looking for realistic ways of protecting citizens without having my rights stripped from me. Call it a compromise.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your quote. I think the real answer is Parents need to show more love and attention.
I try my best to make my kids up bringing better than mine was. Seems this has been lost in some parents these days.
You get out what you put in.

I believe it was the spawn of all 3, i just used the term so you would read the post.
It seems to me a gun safe would have prevented both of the shootings that just occurred.

Possibly. Or maybe if they were too incompetent/lazy to get a gun by other means they would have just used another method. IED? Poision gas? Take a joyride through the mall in their car? How many people would have died at CTC if he used another method (instead of being a horrible shot, thank God!) There are a million ways to kill another person and a band-aid for one of the tools doesn't work. Look at the U.K. They banned guns altogether. Didn't keep people from getting killed.

Government provided safes would most likely require some sort of validation. Like call the local PD to get your access code to open the safe at 2:18am Sunday Morning. I'm sure they would absolutely love that level of control.

I'm just looking for realistic ways of protecting citizens without having my rights stripped from me. Call it a compromise.

I agree with your quote. I think the real answer is Parents need to show more love and attention.
I try my best to make my kids up bringing better than mine was. Seems this has been lost in some parents these days.
You get out what you put in.[/QUOTE]
I agree to an extent, but brain chemistry is more complicated. Some peoples brains are just, unfortunately, broken. Thoughts are processed in a different way, rational and reasoning are different. Sometimes happily deranged like Jim Carrey, sometimes unhappily as in this case.

My point is: Don't give an inch.
Anti gun groups will use the tragedys to further their agenda. If someone gets murdered with a hammer you won't hear carpenters saying "well, I suppose I can live with a government mandated safe to lock them up when I'm not using them".
And you can bet if such a thing happened the thieves would figure out whatever "express open code" the gov't had to get access before they were even implemented.
Don't blame the tool. Blame the maniac. The only thing I can think of to stop, or cut short these tragedies are armed citizens. There's a reason the cowards always choose areas where they expect the least resistance.
Change that thought process to "your rampage is going to be met with return fire EVERYWHERE" and some of them may be stopped before they begin. The ones that expect to die will still do it but at least they may be stopped before they are done and are taken out by themselves or the cops.

My point is: Don't give an inch.
Anti gun groups will use the tragedys to further their agenda. If someone gets murdered with a hammer you won't hear carpenters saying "well, I suppose I can live with a government mandated safe to lock them up when I'm not using them".
And you can bet if such a thing happened the thieves would figure out whatever "express open code" the gov't had to get access before they were even implemented.
Don't blame the tool. Blame the maniac. The only thing I can think of to stop, or cut short these tragedies are armed citizens. There's a reason the cowards always choose areas where they expect the least resistance.
Change that thought process to "your rampage is going to be met with return fire EVERYWHERE" and some of them may be stopped before they begin. The ones that expect to die will still do it but at least they may be stopped before they are done and are taken out by themselves or the cops.

1, I'm not worried about my non existing constitutional right to bear fertilizer bombs or to drive a car. I am worried about losing my right to bear arms.

2, Did your government supplied tv converter box automatically change the channel for you or limit what shows you could watch? (FYI, we spent 1.39 billion on that program) A magic "express open code" of the type you describe would be pretty difficult to do with a consumer set combination lock.

3, in what way shape or form is this "giving an inch"?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top