JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Holosun Technologies 510C GD. I was impressed with it until it started killing the batteries in a one week period. The batts. are supposed to last years. I contacted Holosun and was sent a shipping label. I received a new 510C GD in about 2 weeks. It worked fine until I needed to use the other two ridicules it has programed into it. I contacted Holosun again and was sent another shipping label. I waited a couple of weeks and emailed, called, texted until I finally heard back from them. A month has gone by and still no repaired or new unit. I was told they're out of stock and I could pick another model and pay the difference. The problem is that in a green dot, that's there best unit. I now have to wait till more arrive from China. No one seems to know just when that will be.

If I had this to do over again, I might just do another EOTECH. Just my experience with the unit I bought. I still want this to be a good Green Dot system.

Getting anything from China right now takes time and a whole lot of patience. The Chinese virus and all. I try to stick to American made products if I can. I'll gladly pay extra. Hope you get it all figured out though! That's one reason I love Leupold. 30 minute drive to get something fixed. But if they don't have it, they just don't have it. Gotta wait like everyone else unfortunately.

So you have one that isn't killing batteries, but won't switch reticles? Just clarifying, hard to read what you're stating.

I have yet to have an issue with one from them. Yet...

I've had issues with primary arms and swampfox. Both were before Covid.

My dad is in the semi conductor industry. Anything needing a semi conductor right now is months out to years out. Whole industry and industries that are built off of semi conductors are on life support currently.

Sorry you are having issues, hopefully it gets taken care of.

Sorry for the confusion. The first one ate batteries. The replacement would not work as it was supposed to. When they send the third one I hope it works as advertised. Green dots are supposed to help with astigmatism's like I have in my shooting eye.

Sorry for the confusion. The first one ate batteries. The replacement would not work as it was supposed to. When they send the third one I hope it works as advertised. Green dots are supposed to help with astigmatism's like I have in my shooting eye.
What is wrong with the second? Curious is all.

It will not switch to all three of the optional reticles. It would only stay on the single dot cycle.

It will not switch to all three of the optional reticles. It would only stay on the single dot cycle.
Is it auto mode or manual mode?

I had troubles switching reticle on one of my 507s not switching if it was in manual mode. I switched it back to auto and I could switch.

my 510c has worked great for a couple of years. Had to send back my 508 after 6 months of service, something mechanical came loose inside it such that poa would put rounds in the dirt. Been waiting about 4 months now, they tell me I'm getting upgraded to the latest greatest, but stock won't be there for another few months. Seems like a lot of businesses are backordered and backlogged. I'm about 4 months overdue on an order from Revolver Supply, they don't answer the phone or e-mail. Have thought about switching brands to maybe C-more for my revolver, but I really like the green circle-dot reticles ( old eyes) for being easy to see and easy to pick up at match speeds. At least Holosun responds to " where's my stuff!?" emails...hopefully they'll get you taken care of once supplies of Chinesium3 are replenished.

It sounds like they are trying to do the right thing but at this point China is probably putting all red dots on their own rifles to help support the expanding empire. Only half serious.

I will be watching this thread to see how this plays out.

I had to send a 507v 1 back as the circle part of the circle dot wasn't coming on- it was either just a dot, a dot without a circle or no reticle at all- they sent me back a V2 within a week, so that was pretty good- no doubt that they will take care of you.
My other 5 (507, 510 and 512) have been faultless

Just to be clear, I'm not dogging Holosun. The one that broke on me was used for an intense season of competition and training on a Sig P320 9mm, and didn't break until just before what was going to be my season finale. ( Steel Challenge state championship, last October) If/when components are available to again compete at that level, I plan to either have a backup gun with optic, or shoot irons. Our sport is a bit cash intensive, sometimes; stuff breaks, and it pays to have a plan "B". Hopefully, something as simple as a second, identically set up gun in your bag in case of glitches.

I'll never understand the amount of confidence people put in such a new, budget friendly foreign company. Then again, I don't understand the loyalty to some other low-tier brands that have constant reports of failures and poor customer service. Pinching pennies is never good when it comes to tools that may save your life IMO.

Life is short, protect it with better stuff.

This is why I spend the extra money on Trijicon. Buy once cry once I do not think I am an operator and its not even that I think I will use it to defend my life, but I most certainly hate dealing with problems , and in my experience problems seem to crop up when you least want them.

This is why I spend the extra money on Trijicon. Buy once cry once I do not think I am an operator and its not even that I think I will use it to defend my life, but I most certainly hate dealing with problems , and in my experience problems seem to crop up when you least want them.

Yes.

Don't skimp on optics. Whether it's red dot or magnified. Doesn't matter. Optics is where you should pay a premium. But that's just me.

If I were depending on optics for self defense, I would agree with the sentiments expressed above.

Dot sights have been fun for competition, but I really prefer the circle around the dot format. Unfortunately, Holosun seems to be the only one offering this. Add in the factor of preferring green for daytime and glare conditions, and a "shake awake" feature, and they're the only option.

It makes more sense to me for a carry pistol, to use irons.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top