JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took a couple co-workers out to the range tonight for some trigger time. We had a great time aside from the problems I was having problems with my GSG-5 carbine. Every 5-10 rounds it would fail to fire. Sometimes there was a light strike on the primer, sometimes not, but I always had to pull the live round out manually and re-chamber the next round. I figured maybe it was just getting gunked up from the cheap lead ammo, but as I was firing my last magazine I noticed this. What do you guys think?

GSG5 002 (Large).jpg GSG5 004 (Large).jpg

GSG5 002 (Large).jpg

GSG5 004 (Large).jpg

I've heard about this and seen this problems before with the gsgs. Were you or have you been using Remington ammo? Seems that brand of ammo has a tendency of blowing out the barrels. Call to see if you can get it warrantied.

Just got an email stating the GSG is out of warranty and that I'll have to purchase and install a barrel for it myself. Any tips for trying to get them to cover this? Is this a common issue?

It's really too bad, I love the gun. If I do fix and sell it I'll use the funds to SBR my spare lower and buy a .22lr upper, but I really do love the GSG.

Joey, this is the time to take advantage of the fact that you are the owner of a gun forum with 17 thousand members! There are times when you don't want bad publicity from certain people and this is one of them. Maybe Coctailer, NBR or one of the other authorized dealers can call them and explain who it is they are giving the brush off too and perhaps they will realize it is in fact still under warranty.

Unfortunately I think we are going to see this more and more as these guns age. The barrels are a Zink casting over a steel liner. I love my GSG 1911 but I plan on custom building a steel barrel or adapting one from one of the other conversion kits. I have not seen a GSG5 dissembled, depending on how its built it may not be too hard to custom build a steel barrel if ATI wont take care of you. Hopefully they will.

Unfortunately I think we are going to see this more and more as these guns age. The barrels are a Zink casting over a steel liner. I love my GSG 1911 but I plan on custom building a steel barrel or adapting one from one of the other conversion kits. I have not seen a GSG5 dissembled, depending on how its built it may not be too hard to custom build a steel barrel if ATI wont take care of you. Hopefully they will.

I've had my gsg since they came out a couple years ago. About 5000 rounds through it without a single problem. I think the problem is not with age but more so the ammo. Do a google search. These guns do not like certain ammo.

Joey, this is the time to take advantage of the fact that you are the owner of a gun forum with 17 thousand members! There are times when you don't want bad publicity from certain people and this is one of them. Maybe Coctailer, NBR or one of the other authorized dealers can call them and explain who it is they are giving the brush off too and perhaps they will realize it is in fact still under warranty.

Yes! Take advantage of it Joey!

My GSG-5 shoots sweet, accurate and reliable... About 800 rounds of my own down the pipe, unknown count before. FTF or FTE are very rare, and a cleaning has taken care of the issue in the past.
Andrew's promise to take care of it is GOLDEN. I had a cracking issue with my drum magazine, and it was taken care of as soon as I got it to him. I've gotta trust that any intrinsic issues with the firearm will be duly addressed by the MFG. In the meantime, it's great to have an advocate to get you shooting.

Much appreciated Andrew! Can't wait to get this thing working again, it's near the top of my list of favorite guns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top