JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the one of the Shuler I intended to post. Look at the metal fit as well as how the uneque action works. It was built in 1938 and has a horn trigger guard. Photos are from when I bought it a couple of years ago......at Cabelas.

IMG_1560.JPG

Is the Barron's Den still there? I used to know the old man....German of course. I have bought everything from Drillings to machine guns from him. He would be able to shed some light on your guns. I own many Drillings and high end classic German/Austrian guns. Many have not appreciated like some other styles and brands.....i.e., a Colt Python....but they are magnificent guns and always have value. Last year we visited each of the major gun producing regions in Belgium, Austria and Germany. A week in each, bought a great old Merkel drilling during out week in Suhl and a Blaser in the Ulm area. They are very inexpensive in Europe now. The market has turned to modern firearms that can be mounted with a silencer. My 1938 August Schuler trap gun with 100% game scene engraving is worth less than my plain M32 Kreighof. The market can be quite fickle.
The owner of the Barron's den used to be a Rep for H&K, he sold MP 5's to police departments and government agencies.............would take there old obsolete (to them) guns on trade.....Thompson's, MP40's, anything you can imagine......the cops just thought they were junk and he gave them a few bucks for them......he used to tell the story and laugh that he was selling them junk stamped sheet metal and getting some of the best stuff ever made for pennies. One I remember was a 1928 Thompson that was gold plated and given to the San Francisco police chief by the factory long before the war. Off course, you could shoot anything you wanted at his range. Lots of M1 Thompson's and any thing you wanted from his rental fleet. The first gun my wife ever shot was one of his Thompson's, I have a photo of the event with brass still in the air.

Last Edited:
Any word on how this all ended up? Interesting thread that didn't involve any bickering about caliber or politics. My grandfather recently passed as well. Learning the history of heirlooms can be very entertaining.

Would be nice to hear whatever happened with this one.
I doubt we'll ever know though. "Drummergirl" started this thread on Sept. 13 and hasn't been back here since Sept. 23.
I get the feeling she's resolved the issue and, by now, has forgotten about us. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top