JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@DG - I'd like to be able to help out with identification, especially with the German [?] guns. I live in UK and have a ton of reference material, but I can't see the images as they are constantly covered with an unending series of adverts that reappear every time I cancel them.

I'd be grateful if somebody could send me the bare images to my email address to help me out.

TIA

tac
No kidding, $400/yr to host pics on fotobucket? wtf? Looks like they are dong the ol' holding your/the existing data hostage and demanding ransom deal.
I pay $30/yr for unlimited data storage on publicly traded SmugMug (I know the owner but who doesn't).

No kidding, $400/yr to host pics on fotobucket? wtf? Looks like they are dong the ol' holding your/the existing data hostage and demanding ransom deal.
I pay $30/yr for unlimited data storage on publicly traded SmugMug (I know the owner but who doesn't).
How's SmugMug for hotlinking? That's where Photosucksd**k is getting nasty...

My uncle gave me his well worn Remington Model 6 several decades ago. I kept the original stock and temporarily attached a shorter one that would fit my son when he was a pipsqueak. Great training piece (single shot rolling block), gentle, quiet and super accurate. Boy grew up with weapons of his own and earned the expert rifle badge with his first M16 on day one.

When my jockish (non-shooting) cousins started having kids too, my uncle came to wish he still had the 22 to hand down. I gladly gave it back, feeling privileged to have been part of the legacy. Now there are great grandchildren in the mix and the old Model 6 will stay in the family whether it sees much use or not.

My father's and grandfather's rifles are still mine, as are the spears, sword and kukris. Someday they'll belong to my 2 year old grandson (and his twin siblings on the way). To shooters and non-shooters pondering the potential value of cool old weapons they might pass along, the sense of family heritage should be part of those considerations.

I'm working on some of the names right now - don't go away.

OK - Robert Hubner drilling - details - NOT the same, but similar - yours is earlier -

Calibers - 16ga / 16ga / 6.5x58R Sauer [very uncommon in the US]
26 1/2" barrels of Krupp fluid steel, choked improved cylinder & improved cylinder. 14 1/2"pull from front single-set trigger to new Silvers pad. 1 5/8" - 3" drop. Highly figured walnut stock with half-pistol grip, beaded pancake cheekpiece, slender forend with Deeley pull-down latch and horn trigger guard. Scalloped, reinforced, game-scene-engraved receiver with cocking indicators, Greener crossbolt, sideclips, detented top tang rifle selector, Greener safety and automatic pop-up rifle sight. 2 3/4"chambers. Weight: 6lbs, 13oz. Nazi-period commercial nitro proofs. 99%blue. Coin-finished receiver. $2950.

Hubner-dr-r.jpg

Hubner-dr-l.jpg

Huebner-dr-left-close.jpg

tac

Last Edited:
More - Wilhelm Hebsacker - AKA HEGE Waffen - "HEGE SCHW HALL" marking, most probably means that it was re-distributed by Wilhelm Hebsacker of Hebsacker Gesellschaft, Hege GmbH & Company of Schwabisch Hall, W.Germany.

More to come, I hope...

tac

Is the Barron's Den still there? I used to know the old man....German of course. I have bought everything from Drillings to machine guns from him. He would be able to shed some light on your guns. I own many Drillings and high end classic German/Austrian guns. Many have not appreciated like some other styles and brands.....i.e., a Colt Python....but they are magnificent guns and always have value. Last year we visited each of the major gun producing regions in Belgium, Austria and Germany. A week in each, bought a great old Merkel drilling during out week in Suhl and a Blaser in the Ulm area. They are very inexpensive in Europe now. The market has turned to modern firearms that can be mounted with a silencer. My 1938 August Schuler trap gun with 100% game scene engraving is worth less than my plain M32 Kreighof. The market can be quite fickle.

"New Kid on the block" I'm IMPRESSED. The breadth and depth of the information and honest counsel and concern offered to this inquirer are beyond good! I am delighted to be with you all in this "family."

Is the Barron's Den still there? I used to know the old man....German of course. I have bought everything from Drillings to machine guns from him. He would be able to shed some light on your guns. I own many Drillings and high end classic German/Austrian guns. Many have not appreciated like some other styles and brands.....i.e., a Colt Python....but they are magnificent guns and always have value. Last year we visited each of the major gun producing regions in Belgium, Austria and Germany. A week in each, bought a great old Merkel drilling during out week in Suhl and a Blaser in the Ulm area. They are very inexpensive in Europe now. The market has turned to modern firearms that can be mounted with a silencer. My 1938 August Schuler trap gun with 100% game scene engraving is worth less than my plain M32 Kreighof. The market can be quite fickle.
The Barron's Den shut doors late spring. The ventilation system for the indoor range had faltered and a new/rehab of the system came in at nearly $1mil. Once they got the estimates they announced the closing a few days later.

Care to share images of some of your many drillings and high end classic German/Austrian guns with the rest of us?

tac

These are some of my best along with the Merkel I bought in Vienna on my last trip, a photo I took at Merkel of one of there master engravers working and my Schuler trap gun.

IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0790.JPG IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1534.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads