JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm better then average (I think), not as good as I would like be - not competition good but I can hold my own on most platforms.

I expect 1 moa with my hunting rifle from any position.

2 moa with my AR with plain ol ammo. AK is about the same.

I can shoot my 92fs better then my G17.

Had a GP100 .357 that I could hit 8" plates @100 yards with all day. I miss that gun.

I'm devestating with a shotgun against clay:D.

.22's shoot differently, I have some very accurate ones and others that are just fun plinkers.

I'm pretty good with a .308. I have a new to me one that Im looking forward to seeing what it will do further out.

I started at 4 years older and by age 8 I almost couldn't miss what i was aiming at. I am not that good anymore;).

I was gifted with ambidextrous eyes and hands from my moms dad so I can shoot either way if i want too.

Was that vague enough?:D

At least I was honest! :p

While I have always been very open about how I shoot, I have always loved taking the "experts" to the range. The ones who told me how great they were, how they did not need sights on a hand gun, on and on. Then they can't even hit the paper :eek::eek::eek::eek:
A very few really did impress the crap out of me but, none of them ran their mouth about how great they were. They just did it:D

A story:

20 years ago I was competing in the Oregon State long range championships at Douglas Ridge. Not new to the 1,000 yard line but not a seriously seasoned in the long range game either.

I shot the best scores I ever had at that range; 186, 187, 188 out of 200 point strings. And over the two days came in dead last...

Most of the competitors were shooting in the 197+ out of 200. One gentleman set a national record of 200 with 14X. That's my standard for good.

Waugh !
T'was bout last Fall , over the Divide...ask Jim Bridger he wuz there..I was a shootin' my Hawken rifle...
I took aim at a Buffler...
Up comes my rifle and I shoot right square and true...
My ball passes right thru the Buffler's lights and down he goes , right purity ....
But my ball went on ....skippin' and boncin' ...
Why it dug a trench down Arizony way ...y'all might have heard 'bout it , some folks call it the Grand Canyon....:eek::p:D
Andy

I think its more than putting requisite holes in a target. I think its the ability to improvise and use the particular firearm effectively and safely in all situations and environments. Being a good marksman vs being proficient with a firearm.

With a hunting rifle, can you shoot using various improvised rests? Sitting, kneeling, prone? Can you do it quickly before your shot is gone? Whether its at 300+ yards with a bolt action chambered in a high-performance cartridge, or a well worn 30-30 with buckhorns at under 100 yards, I think either can be a good shooter. Rarelybeill someone be good at both situations, but versatility scores points for sure.

Ive seen guys who can shoot dime sized groups off the bench and on that bench, they are a good/exceptional shooters. Take away the bench and go to a big open area and have them hit anpie olaye, and its a whole other outcome.

Can you shoot instinctively with a pistol? Can you take a 15+ yard head shot? Can you effectively move? Smooth and quick magazine changes or cylinders reloads, Clear malfunctions, etc. This means you operate a handgun well in a combat oriented manner. Not the same as a 25 yard small bore pistol shooter who counts x's. Both good shooters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top