JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wrap 3 feet of duct tape around my knife sheath (two wraps of 1-1/2 feet) and used it to repair my
plastic water cup after getting broke while on a 6 day hike.

I used duct tape to seal up my sun roof after going through a sand storm in Joshua Tree NP. The sunroof was titled up for ventilation and so much sand was blowing that it clogged up the mechanism inside and it wouldn't allow it to close tight. The wind storm was followed by a torrential rain storm.

A friend locked his keys in his car and had to break a window to get inside. We duct taped a garbage bag to the window to keep the rain out.

While hiking, I tore a hole in a pair of boots and the duct tape kept the grit/pebbles out.

When a friend forgot gators, we used duct tape to keep the snow out of his boots.

I have made duct tape bandaids, gloves, goggles, cordage, repair rips in tents/sleeping bags (so all the stuffing doesn't run out... no, sewing with needle and thread doesn't work well on nylon / poly), repairs to quads/motorcycles, etc...

the list goes on and that's just my experiences.

And don't forget, duct tape works for wart removal! I also heard it doubles as a baby sitter too:s0062:

Actually, there are way to many uses For it that I can't think of a reason not to have some in mine.

I wrap 3 feet of duct tape around my knife sheath (two wraps of 1-1/2 feet) and used it to repair my
plastic water cup after getting broke while on a 6 day hike.

I used duct tape to seal up my sun roof after going through a sand storm in Joshua Tree NP. The sunroof was titled up for ventilation and so much sand was blowing that it clogged up the mechanism inside and it wouldn't allow it to close tight. The wind storm was followed by a torrential rain storm.

A friend locked his keys in his car and had to break a window to get inside. We duct taped a garbage bag to the window to keep the rain out.

While hiking, I tore a hole in a pair of boots and the duct tape kept the grit/pebbles out.

When a friend forgot gators, we used duct tape to keep the snow out of his boots.

I have made duct tape bandaids, gloves, goggles, cordage, repair rips in tents/sleeping bags (so all the stuffing doesn't run out... no, sewing with needle and thread doesn't work well on nylon / poly), repairs to quads/motorcycles, etc...

the list goes on and that's just my experiences.

I'm glad it's work for you, but you're doing everything wrong :p

Carry a metal water cup, you can boil water in it, and it doesn't crack.

You should be putting a wet towel over your roof vent anyways, this means the air that comes in is cool and damp, also keeps sand out of the mechanism

Windows cost lots of money, spare keys, and knowing how to break into your car is cheap.

When my boots are getting to the level that they're getting holes, I replace them, usually I buy another pair a few months in advance.

You didn't have to use duct-tape for that, any variety of string would have worked to seal off the pant legs, perhaps not making them waterproof, but certainly would be easier to remove later.

I'm pretty sure bandaids, gloves, and cordage all work better than duct tape as fulfilling those roles, tents and sleeping bags I think you have a point on, however I have a tent repair kit for that, which weighs a few oz, and lives in the tent bag.

I definitely think there are roles that duct-tape can fill, however I consider them highly limited. I know I've fixed broken tent poles with paracord and zipties, however I've never had a serious tear in a tent, I've had plenty of tents that were simply too leaky to deal with any more.

I would love to carry a motorhome on my back while backpacking though the west's many wilderness / back country areas but I'm not to that level yet.

I wish I lived as charmed and successful life as you have, Sir.:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads