JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
His dog walks up to me so I pat him on the head lowered my head to his level. He then promptly takes advantage of the situation and bites me on the ear and bites my hand. Ive decided from his violation of my personal space and him making me bleed on my ear and hand that I now hate this dog with a passion, he took advantage of me when I had no mal intent towards him at all.

I understand that he's warned me about the dog but the dog has bit several people including his 13 year old brother. I now hate the animal, I feel like this is the type of dog that firearms were made for, I would annihilate the animal if allowed because I believe it to be a menace to society as Ive heard enough stories about him biting people and despite punishment, him not rectifying his grossly inappropriate behavior. The dog is a 130lb Doberman Pinscher. He is like a level 3 sex offender pedophile that is unleashed into public and still victimizes children. I cant imagine any rectifying his behavior despite all the negative reinforcement for it other than euthanasia. I dont know what to do about the situation other than to demand his dog be in his cage anytime I come over to his house, I literally hate the animal with every living fiber in my body.

You put your face in the face of a dog you know has a history of biting? Seems totally reasonable.

List of fatal dog attacks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under your logic we should blame the victim in each of these deadly cases because the dog is never at fault. Judges should never demand euthanization of the dog because the human is always the one at fault. I wouldnt be surprised to find my friends dog on this list in a few years.

edit: Id agree with you if I was the first one he ever bit. Im like the 12th person he's bit. So apparently we either got 12 stupid humans, or the dog is prone to biting people even when the situation doesn't call for it in any way shape or form.

Absolutely expected, after all this is the same clown that turns his chemicaly dependent chum on to firearms and then comes here to post the disasterous results.
John Wayne summed Jimmy up in his famous quote about 50 years back.

Not much good luck with the friends you choose to associate with huh. One is now a possible mass murderer because you took him shooting and now he acts psychotic when around firearms. Now a second friend has a dangerous dog with a known attack behavior that needs to be put down. I really think you need to rethink your process for choosing friends.:s0159:

List of fatal dog attacks in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under your logic we should blame the victim in each of these deadly cases because the dog is never at fault. Judges should never demand euthanization of the dog because the human is always the one at fault. I wouldnt be surprised to find my friends dog on this list in a few years.

edit: Id agree with you if I was the first one he ever bit. Im like the 12th person he's bit. So apparently we either got 12 stupid humans, or the dog is prone to biting people even when the situation doesn't call for it in any way shape or form.

You stuck your face in the face of a dog that you know has bit a dozen people. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Strikes me that this dogs owner is the stupid one! He is not controlling his animal and needs to be reported! Also, I have owned Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, a Bull Mastif, a Newfoundland, and a couple of Labs. When I see a mean dog, I study the owner, that person did something. Insanity in dogs does exist but it's ever so rare, IMHO. By the way most of my dogs were rescue dogs, two of them from pretty grim circumstances.

This is exactly the point he is making. You know that the dog has a history of biting people and you stuck your face right into the danger zone. What you did was stupid.
That said, the animal is obviously a bad dog and a liability to his owner.
A good (and smart) dog will follow his owner's lead. If he sees that you're OK in the owner's eyes that there should be no agression towards you.

By the way, when you lowed your head to his level where you looking into his eyes? In dog language that is a behavior associated with a challenge.

Not much good luck with the friends you choose to associate with huh. One is now a possible mass murderer because you took him shooting and now he acts psychotic when around firearms. Now a second friend has a dangerous dog with a known attack behavior that needs to be put down. I really think you need to rethink your process for choosing friends.:s0159:

Maybe you could throw your pals in a closet together with the dog! Seems an elegant solution!

They sound like characters from a television show.

Dogs have been made into pets, and that's cool. But not all dogs are pets... some are weapons. I wouldn't pick up somebody's .45 and look down the barrel... likewise, I wouldn't put my face in someone else's dog's.

Sounds like, in this situation, the dog is a pretty serious liability for the owner. But if he's aware of his dog's disposition, and especially if he finds it a desirable attribute, well then that's his prerogative.

I analyzed the situation, maybe let off some steam with this thread. I was angry but I figured out perhaps maybe I had done something wrong in the dogs eyes. The dog didn't hurt me as bad as he possibly could, right now he ignores me and is afraid of me *because of how his owner would punish him if he continued to hurt me*. The dog is a dangerous dog, a weapon. But once I analyzed the situation I realized maybe it was a bad move on my part. The dog does definitely need more training to know not to attack people he is friends with.

Or, maybe he doesn't want or think of you as a friend, just sayin.

what is ur experience of working with dogs that can put you in the hospital? I have no experience, my family has only owned shelties so Ive got no background with dogs like the Doberman Pinscher and would appreciate some constructive criticism.

As with most any dog, if it has shown signs of aggression, you don't put your face in theirs. Kinda common sense don't ya think.

There is only one response to this thread.

Three options.

1) Learn some common sense

I understand that he's warned me about the dog but the dog has bit several people including his 13 year old brother.

Then don't pet his dog or get in a position where it could bite you!

2) Stop making friends, as it appears you have really poor luck at choosing friends, see option 1

3) Stop trolling this board. Find another way to feel like your parents gave you enough attention when you were growing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
An Assault Dog! I say, Ban 'em!! (just kidding..)

I had a buddy with an agressive Great Dane. There is nothing like having the snarling muzzle of a big dog pressed against the back of your neck. BTW, I was sitting on his couch at the time and he had forgotten the dog was in the house.

I have heard that in the past some dobermans had an issue of the brain outgrowing the skull cavity due to excessive inbreeding. I still remember a case in Nebraska back in the 80s where a guy got in a fight with his friend who was dressed the same as him. His doberman tried to get involved and mistook him for the person he was fighting with and killed the wrong person.
On the flip side I had a Rottie for 15 years. She would defend any kid against threatening actions of an adult and was a great judge of character. Anyone she was wary of turned out to be a problem person in one way or another.

Im Gunna yell this because I grew up with my mom breeding all breeds of dogs and I am very very passionate about this.
THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS JUST BAD OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No dog, animal is born bad, they are either mistreated or not trained. Not training your animal is like leaving a loaded gun on a table in a preschool. Bad things WILL happen.
And as far as people saying this breed or that breed is more dangerous than another is crap.
I have seen Pomeranians and poodles and other small breeds bite more people than rottys or pit bulls.
Even mistreated animals behaviors can be corrected with training, kindness and love.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top