JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get right down in front of him and show him all your teeth! This will make him respect you!

No! I can't do it! Some people are dumb enough to actually try. Do not show the dog your teeth! That was something called sarcasm! Go away!

See you all tomorrow in Salem!

Give the poor dobie another chance. Get on all fours crawl twards him roll over on back and urinate on belly, this will let him know he is the alpha and you willing to be the omega in the pack. You just might earn a life long friend, then again you might just get......

Hilarious.

You could have taken that a bit further ya know.. Aroooooo 'Quick spray him with the water hose.'

Im Gunna yell this because I grew up with my mom breeding all breeds of dogs and I am very very passionate about this.
THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS JUST BAD OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No dog, animal is born bad, they are either mistreated or not trained. Not training your animal is like leaving a loaded gun on a table in a preschool. Bad things WILL happen.
And as far as people saying this breed or that breed is more dangerous than another is crap.
I have seen Pomeranians and poodles and other small breeds bite more people than rottys or pit bulls.
Even mistreated animals behaviors can be corrected with training, kindness and love.

Bull Crap.
There are breeds that most everyone should not have because there are only a few people that actually knpw how to raise them so they aren't dangerous.
And yes,pitbulls and AmStafs,which are almost identical if you look up the development history,are the dogs in question.
Idiots breeding them does in fact make them BAD BREEDS
Idiots breeding them and selling them to more IDIOTS,does in fact,make them bad breeds.

Now I gotta ask what the OP did after the dog bit you?
Cause I know the dog would never have bitten another person after I got done with it.
No I'm not a bad a$$,I just know what to do about these things. Once the dog is air borne and lands,takes all the fight out of them.
And after that the owner gets the dog thrown at them to boot.

Dogs are simple creatures. You show dominance and they understand. They don't understand and you make them understand.
Yes you do have to be able to take a bite here and there,although after about 100 dog fight stoppages,I haven't been bitten once.

The owner of this dog should have his a$$ kicked a few times too. He must be afraid of his own dog. Anyone who has a dog under these circumstances is an idiot.
Either afraid of his own dog or doesn't care if it bites.
Sure way to get your dog killed and yourself beat like a step child.

Sure hope this helps!:s0155:

Another five minutes of my life I'll never get back. How do I get suckered into reading this dribble?

THERE ARE NO BAD DOGS JUST BAD OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No dog, animal is born bad, they are either mistreated or not trained. Not training your animal is like leaving a loaded gun on a table in a preschool. Bad things WILL happen.

Gosh, I just get goosebumps and go all touchy-feely every time I hear that CRAP! I've bred and owned coonhounds for a long time. Most of them are good, solid dogs who'll stick up for themselves if attacked, but in no way could be said to be aggressive. Most of them are always ready for an ear-scratching, or a ride in the back of the pickup to the feed store. But I've run into individual coonhounds who were just plain mean by nature. Some houndsmen call them "alligators". They'll snap at other dogs to establish dominance, and will eventually go off on a human if nothing is done about it beforehand. I had a 90 pound male that had severe dominance issues. He was the dominant male puppy, and I kept him for my own dog out of that litter. Unfortunately, he was just too dominant. We had many battles where he would try to assert himself over me. He always came out the loser, but he never learned. One day, after I bred him for the first time, I reached for his collar and he laid open my hand. He went for a one-way walk in the woods. I couldn't have him around my kids or anyone else's. No bad dogs? My dyin' azz!

Overly aggressive dogs do exist! I think that it's a very tiny percentage and it is nearly always the owners fault! Zeke's coon hound story reminded me of a friend who had a coon hound as a house pet. That dog was plain twitchy, in fact I told my friend that if it nailed me I was going to break his spine across the door jamb (the dog, not my pal)! Sure enough, that mean mutt grabbed my friend's 6yr old son by the face and hurled the little guy across the room! 53 stitches to, kinda, put his face together. My pal put the dog down, but I have never trusted coon hounds again. Won't turn my back on them. I never trusted its owner again either! We drifted apart, but guess who I wanted to put down. So Zeke, I'm with you on that one! Dominance was exactly the vibe that I got off that dog! My friend was too weak willed to control the dog and too stupid euthanize him.

See you all in Salem tomorrow!

Most bad dogs just haven't been corrected on their bad behavior. Doesn't do the dog any favors not to teach it, ends up getting them put down. My friend brought home a 65lb ankle biter. First time he grabbed my foot in his mouth but not hard enough to really hurt through my sneaker just alarm me. I gave him a strong sharp verbal correction. Weeks or months later (after nipping several others once or twice even breaking the skin) we had our second incident. Second time it hurt a good bit even though I was wearing combat boots. I snatched him up clear of the ground by his neck. Rode him to the ground with my gritted teeth right up in his grill. While I dominated him and pressed his whole body to the ground with my body weight I growled at him that this was the last time and the next time I would end him. Now I am pretty sure that he didn't understand my english especially since my diction through clenched teeth wasn't great.... but he never nipped me or anyone else that I ever heard of again. Now he is an old nice dog instead of a young dead one.

As to the OP:
I think most dog people would tell you the reaching over a dogs head and looking it in the eye are aggressive actions to a dog.
You seem very hotheaded and quick to anger. You might want to reconsider carrying a loaded weapon in our society.

Most bad dogs just haven't been corrected on their bad behavior. Doesn't do the dog any favors not to teach it, ends up getting them put down. My friend brought home a 65lb ankle biter. First time he grabbed my foot in his mouth but not hard enough to really hurt through my sneaker just alarm me. I gave him a strong sharp verbal correction. Weeks or months later (after nipping several others once or twice even breaking the skin) we had our second incident. Second time it hurt a good bit even though I was wearing combat boots. I snatched him up clear of the ground by his neck. Rode him to the ground with my gritted teeth right up in his grill. While I dominated him and pressed his whole body to the ground with my body weight I growled at him that this was the last time and the next time I would end him. Now I am pretty sure that he didn't understand my english especially since my diction through clenched teeth wasn't great.... but he never nipped me or anyone else that I ever heard of again. Now he is an old nice dog instead of a young dead one.

As to the OP:
I think most dog people would tell you the reaching over a dogs head and looking it in the eye are aggressive actions to a dog.
You seem very hotheaded and quick to anger. You might want to reconsider carrying a loaded weapon in our society.

That's a nice story. Doesn't work with every dog. I did that very procedure a few times with my aggressive/dominant hound. It didn't phase him, nor did a body slam after he bit me. Up until I bred him he was manageable and would back down. After his first breeding he considered himself king of the hill. The king is dead. Wish I'd never bred him. We don't need more dogs like him.

That's a nice story. Doesn't work with every dog. I did that very procedure a few times with my aggressive/dominant hound. It didn't phase him, nor did a body slam after he bit me. Up until I bred him he was manageable and would back down. After his first breeding he considered himself king of the hill. The king is dead. Wish I'd never bred him. We don't need more dogs like him.
Didn't mean to imply that it works with every dog. Works with most. Some just probably need to be put down or into a severely controlled environment with no contact with untrained handlers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top