JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up this beauty yesterday, I was really looking for a woods gun but couldn't pass up on this one, I dought it'll get to spend any time in the truck or Jeep bouncing around but definitely will get good workouts everytime we go shooting.
5" 29-6
This thing is absolutely stunning and the trigger is amazing
LowNEQRl.jpg
RTJXo5cl.jpg

Very nice.........my 4" 629 is nearly always in my truck. Works good up close and has a great record with coyotes at 50 yards. Shoots pretty flat to 100. It is a great caliber.

Last Edited:
That is a beautiful revolver! It's only bouncing around if it's not on you, say in a nice shoulder holster! I know you will enjoy shooting that baby! Congratulations! :)

I'll ask my fellow Smithyphiles here. Does the white inlay logo suggest a particular production run, Performance Center model or just someone having it added ?

I've seen that before on special order pieces like LE commemoratives etc. ... but not off the shelf.

Last Edited:
Good choice.
Albeit 4 decades earlier, my first revolver was a smith in 45colt with target sights, still have it and never been sorry. get yourself a comfortable holster so it will be handy to plink with for a while, the best way, and more fun to become one with it, over straight target practice.
Your grips are a little fancier than mine. ultimately you may want to save them for the show rack and get yourself some rubber Pachmyer's as the work saddle. Your hands will thank you:)
Keep your elbow bent, you'll be glad you'll did when your 60.

I couldn't say for sure whether the white rollmark are a special run or not, but my guess is no?
Here's a picture I pulled off the net while searching for info on the 5" model
image019-1.jpg
Here's the box, I'm not seeing any special designations.
IMG_0299.jpg

I'll ask my fellow Smithyphiles here. Does the white inlay logo suggest a particular production run, Performance Center model or just someone having it added ?

I've seen that before on special order pieces like LE commemoratives etc. ... but not off the shelf.
The Marketing Folks at Smith and Wesson have used a wide variety of things to "Display" the logo. Plus, Brownells sells a whole line of the different colored marking pens, so you're likely to see lots of different things. Yours is one of the Early Round Butt "N" Frame Guns. If you notice the end tag on the box it's referred to as a "Classic" which doesn't make sense because of the Round Butt being "New & Different".

If you are interested, you might want to consider getting a Factory Letter through the S&W Historical Foundation. You might also want to become a member of the Smith and Wesson Collectors Association. I'm about to let my membership laps for Personal:mad::mad::mad: reasons but I will say there are some really good folks who belong - join at your own risk but holding onto your wallet is strongly recommended!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top