JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have a very good gun. I often carry an LCR. I find it amazingly light. A very well made gun. I could do without that transfer bar rattle, but it's hardly noticeable.

I find .357 (not an option in your gun) from any snub very unpleasant. For the LCR, yeah, you can feel the difference with +P but it's not that bad. I don't find it bad for shooting a box of 38 or 38 +P at the range.

It's not a 25Y gun, but across the room? Sure.

I find it very good for carrying in a pocket holster - easy to grip and pull out. Easier than a Glock 26 for comparison.

Part of me really wants to get a crossdraw holster but that's just because I want to be like Sgt. Joe Friday :)

The CT grips are a planned future improvement for sure - but I like lasers for carry guns in general.

Finally went shooting today, after 20 practice rounds I was able to consistently hit clay pigeons at 21' with all 5 shots. I tried out the IWB holster that came with it (Crossbreed-type) and it conceals very well, very comfortable. I think I'll keep it!

Greg

Don't pull the trigger if the muzzle is not poking someone in the belly, little need to practice and never if loaded. Good defense guns for close up but called "belly gun" for a reason.

What the heck? Are you stupid or just making fun?

Snub nose pistols take a good bit of practise. I practise at 10-30 feet with my snubby.

A snubbie is not less accurate than a longer barreled gun, just harder to shoot as accurately.

But my advice? Load gun, aim, pull trigger. It's just like shooting any revolver.

My wife has a S&W 642 with a laser grip. She shoots it more accurately using the sights compared to the laser. FYI

It will never jamb, therefore you can bet your life on it.
Most targets ''unfortunately'' will be so close in the time of need your nerve is what will be tested. Holding the gun straight to kill or be killed at close range is almost an instinct for some.
Knowing you can hit a target at ten feet or twenty five yards is good practice. Will you try to kill someone who is trying to kill you, before they do?
Five or six shots require a lot of confidence and an empty gun is useless in a fire fight.
Take the time you need before you run out of bullets.
Silver Hand

I also carry a 38 spec. LCR with a cheap IWB holster...love it!!!! I've carried many other options, both autos and revolvers, but have found the LCR to be light, quick to take off and on, and very concealable! Practice makes perfect at the range, and helps the muscle memory on the DA trigger. I do still carry other options depending on situations (camping, hiking, riding...) but the LCR is my daily carry for now!

Hi All,
I carried a S & W model 66-1 2.5 in. on and off duty. We would have to shoot PPC once a month started at 50 yards. 60 rounds per target, Three targets. I would shoot 96%, 97%, & 98% all the time. Just have to do it the right way. Got to shoot at things on rifle range with it at 100 yards many times, no problem. Just take you time and have fun.
My two cent,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Lower velocity requires you find suitable snubby loads like a Magsafe and the new Speer Snubby load.. and practice, practice, practice because most short barreled (less than 2 inch) 5 shot snubs are an experts weapon, hard to shoot well. Adding just one inch and a heavy barrel profile and you have a completely different animal, but too bulky for jeans pocket carry

Finally went shooting today, after 20 practice rounds I was able to consistently hit clay pigeons at 21' with all 5 shots. I tried out the IWB holster that came with it (Crossbreed-type) and it conceals very well, very comfortable. I think I'll keep it!

Greg

Yes, but how fast? Self defense requires a lot and one factor is speed

2 inch barrel s/a at 100 yard's i can hit a man sized target! it takes practice but revolvers are my choice for hd ,shooting at the range and all around kick @ss fun, I own both autos and revolvers and I shoot better with a revolver but my colt 45 is a close second

A revolver certainly can jamb from bad ammo, grit and mechanical issues, they can break parts and even stainless steel can rust.. just tossed that last one in there as another gun myth that needs busting

One other weakness of a revolver is a strong man can grab the cylinder in a struggle and your trigger finger won't be able to overcome that

yeah and in a struggle an auto can be pushed out of battery just sayin :)

You makes yer choices and you takes yer chances.. this is but one reason I have extensively trained in JKD

Anyone who depends on an item of technology alone is but a weak fighter

You makes yer choices and you takes yer chances.. this is but one reason I have extensively trained in JKD

Anyone who depends on an item of technology alone is but a weak fighter

Amen to that. That's why I've trained extensively in Krav Maga (IKMF). I don't go anywhere without my snub-nosed S&W 642 Airweight .38+p, but my sense of security comes from knowing that if it comes down to brass tacks, I'm able to respond to any situation with a high probability of survival. Krav Maga's founder had a saying: "Krav Maga, so one may walk in peace." He was referring to peace of mind. Not only do I feel more confident, but it makes my wife feel safer, too.

JKD is good stuff, too. Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do is a must-read for any serious student of combat.

Nothing is new under the sun.. Bruce would be the first to agree with that.. he simply discovered old techniques and concepts that had been gradually but utterly forgotten in the West and Europe due to the advent of modern repeating firearms

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top