JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So here is my first attempt at building part of an AR. I have always put parts on but this was my first ground up. Got a RRA lower from Yooper time, Picked up a CMMG parts kit for $60 at the gun show. Had a RRA butt stock laying around so I got a ATI 6 position tube kit for $48 from MidwayUSA.

Lower total cost $237 (excluding tools I bought for assembly purposes)

DSCN2638.jpg

I totally wanna do it again!!!

The trigger guard pin and the bolt release pin were the hardest part for me. Feels good huh? I want to build an AR pistol but I have to save up to be poor.... but I really want to build another lower.
Looks nice.... I don't see any scratches lol.

I made a trigger guard support fixture on my table saw out of some old plastic cutting board. Totally took the fear out of installing the trigger guard pin.

DSCN2644.jpg

The video library at MidwayUSA was the best build video I found, Heavy on the tools they sell but I didn't need half of them.

MidwayUSA - Video Library

great job, not a scratch in sight! wish i could say the same for mine. a word of advice if you're building the upper - don't order a barrel with a standard front sight base if you're installing a one piece free float handguard. those pins are a nightmare to get out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top