JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nobody noticed. Yay!

I was planning on meeting a friend for lunch (hot wings! No need to ask me twice) at a local restaurant. Wasn't sure if I was going to carry or not, but then he texted me a couple hours before asking if I wanted to take a pistol introduction course at a local gun shop with him (Center Target, Post Falls).

I took that very same course last summer and when I told my friend then how much fun I had shooting for the very first time, he was ambivalent, saying he had no interest in guns and didn't really care about them. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't share my new hobby with my oldest friend. Well things have changed, I guess.

So today I decided to carry my LW Commander. I put it in my cheap IWB holster (it's cheap but it works great) and a long flannel shirt un-tucked and headed out.

Had a great lunch talking about guns, what the pistol course was like and how I really enjoy shooting, and how eventually concealed carry is the way to go (I didn't tell him I was carrying, that's what the "concealed" part is all about). As we were getting ready to leave, I suggested if he ever wanted to try out my guns he should come over to our place and try my range. He said "how about now?"

We shot a couple hundred rounds of .45 and my wife let him try her .380. He's hooked!

So now I finally have someone to talk guns with (my wife is greatly relieved). We both think concealed carry is a smart strategy in today's nutty world.

Also, I'm crazy with anticipation waiting for my new Colt Defender to arrive, which will be my EDC. Hopefully it comes in tomorrow.

The Commander sized 1911 is a very nice IWB pistol. I have switched back to that one over the Sig p220 for now. I would be interested in your new Colt Defender. Pls take a few pics, take it to the range and get it durty and then write all about it for the rest of us. Congrats.

Just pick up one of these shirts now and add some excitement

IMG_3697.JPG IMG_3698.JPG IMG_3699.JPG

Nice, and:

...I didn't tell him I was carrying, that's what the "concealed" part is all about...

NICE!

---

Had an interesting conversation at work this morning with my relief team, which devolved to their concerns in regards to violent crime.

They brought up considering carrying again, and how long it had been since they had. I made a few recommendations for classes to reintroduce them back into handgun safety, conceal carry, as well as recommending the ARPC range once they were comfortable.

Both are professional women and senior staff.

Last Edited:
Nobody noticed. Yay!

I was planning on meeting a friend for lunch (hot wings! No need to ask me twice) at a local restaurant. Wasn't sure if I was going to carry or not, but then he texted me a couple hours before asking if I wanted to take a pistol introduction course at a local gun shop with him (Center Target, Post Falls).

I took that very same course last summer and when I told my friend then how much fun I had shooting for the very first time, he was ambivalent, saying he had no interest in guns and didn't really care about them. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't share my new hobby with my oldest friend. Well things have changed, I guess.

So today I decided to carry my LW Commander. I put it in my cheap IWB holster (it's cheap but it works great) and a long flannel shirt un-tucked and headed out.

Had a great lunch talking about guns, what the pistol course was like and how I really enjoy shooting, and how eventually concealed carry is the way to go (I didn't tell him I was carrying, that's what the "concealed" part is all about). As we were getting ready to leave, I suggested if he ever wanted to try out my guns he should come over to our place and try my range. He said "how about now?"

We shot a couple hundred rounds of .45 and my wife let him try her .380. He's hooked!

So now I finally have someone to talk guns with (my wife is greatly relieved). We both think concealed carry is a smart strategy in today's nutty world.

Also, I'm crazy with anticipation waiting for my new Colt Defender to arrive, which will be my EDC. Hopefully it comes in tomorrow.

Congrats, Once you've carried for awhile it will become as needed & normal as your wallet or cellphone. After having a friend of mine tell me of his home invasion I even started carrying concealed at home...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top