JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Weatherby 6.5.jpg
Many of you gave input, and I appreciate your suggestions. It came down to Tikka and Weatherby, and I chose the Weatherby because it is better made. The plastic trigger assembly on the Tikka was not impressive. Weatherby makes an awesome rifle! I will be doing lots of practice before hunting this fall. Will be putting a Leupold scope on it.

Glad that you have a rifle that you like...As for practice...I'd suggest that once you get it sighted in and shot off the bench a bit , that you be sure to practice shooting off the bench as well.
Practice :
Off hand ...
In bad lighting / weather..
If possible in the area that you wish to hunt in...
When you are tired . cold , wet and hungry...
Good luck to you and happy shooting...!
Andy

Definitely good advice from Andy.

Try hitting at 2-3 hundred using a upright rest like a pole to replicate a tree.

That is if your brushing it.

Congrats, I'm glad you made a decision. But the Weatherby isn't better than the Tikka.

Enjoy.

Glad that you have a rifle that you like...As for practice...I'd suggest that once you get it sighted in and shot off the bench a bit , that you be sure to practice shooting off the bench as well.
Practice :
Off hand ...
In bad lighting / weather..
If possible in the area that you wish to hunt in...
When you are tired . cold , wet and hungry...
Good luck to you and happy shooting...!
Andy

In between the lines of what @AndyinEverson said about being cold (convulsive teeth chattering cold), wet (COMPLETELY soaked with pale prune skin), hungry ("hangry" & super horny)..... hello, hello Infantry! :D

Did the Guy at sales counter say wby is better than the tikka?
I really hope it's not 6.5-300 for a newb or someone that was concerned about cost. Lol.
Either way, way to come through. Nice purchase and safe hunting

Last Edited:
View attachment 585403
Many of you gave input, and I appreciate your suggestions. It came down to Tikka and Weatherby, and I chose the Weatherby because it is better made. The plastic trigger assembly on the Tikka was not impressive. Weatherby makes an awesome rifle! I will be doing lots of practice before hunting this fall. Will be putting a Leupold scope on it.
That plastic trigger guard is one of the reasons a T3 is a pound and a half lighter than the Badlands. Great lookin rifle, have fun with it.