Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

My First Centerfire Rifle is a Weatherby 6.5

Reactions
Weatherby 6.5.jpg

Many of you gave input, and I appreciate your suggestions. It came down to Tikka and Weatherby, and I chose the Weatherby because it is better made. The plastic trigger assembly on the Tikka was not impressive. Weatherby makes an awesome rifle! I will be doing lots of practice before hunting this fall. Will be putting a Leupold scope on it.

AndyinEverson

Reactions
Glad that you have a rifle that you like...As for practice...I'd suggest that once you get it sighted in and shot off the bench a bit , that you be sure to practice shooting off the bench as well.
Practice :
Off hand ...
In bad lighting / weather..
If possible in the area that you wish to hunt in...
When you are tired . cold , wet and hungry...
Good luck to you and happy shooting...!
Andy

Stomper

Reactions
Glad that you have a rifle that you like...As for practice...I'd suggest that once you get it sighted in and shot off the bench a bit , that you be sure to practice shooting off the bench as well.
Practice :
Off hand ...
In bad lighting / weather..
If possible in the area that you wish to hunt in...
When you are tired . cold , wet and hungry...
Good luck to you and happy shooting...!
Andy

In between the lines of what @AndyinEverson said about being cold (convulsive teeth chattering cold), wet (COMPLETELY soaked with pale prune skin), hungry (“hangry” & super horny)..... hello, hello Infantry! :D

Reactions
Did the Guy at sales counter say wby is better than the tikka?
I really hope it’s not 6.5-300 for a newb or someone that was concerned about cost. Lol.
Either way, way to come through. Nice purchase and safe hunting

Last edited:

No_Regerts

Reactions
It's a 6.5 creedmoor and badlands bronze.
It will be a good one. I picked up a base model Vanguard in 270, mounted a used scope I found in a pawn shop, out the door for just under $400. Took it to the range and shot right at MOA at 300 yards with it using core-lokts, federal blue box and fusion. The gun is plenty capable.

edslhead

Reactions
View attachment 585403
Many of you gave input, and I appreciate your suggestions. It came down to Tikka and Weatherby, and I chose the Weatherby because it is better made. The plastic trigger assembly on the Tikka was not impressive. Weatherby makes an awesome rifle! I will be doing lots of practice before hunting this fall. Will be putting a Leupold scope on it.
That plastic trigger guard is one of the reasons a T3 is a pound and a half lighter than the Badlands. Great lookin rifle, have fun with it.

Reactions
My Howa Vanguard is the original iteration of the Back Country, all stainless, fluted barrel. .30-06. Shoots great, very light, they’re not made anymore.

D4ADE098-39E8-4384-AC98-84C216568AB7_zpskzxgb32t.jpg

P

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect