JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Weatherby 6.5.jpg
Many of you gave input, and I appreciate your suggestions. It came down to Tikka and Weatherby, and I chose the Weatherby because it is better made. The plastic trigger assembly on the Tikka was not impressive. Weatherby makes an awesome rifle! I will be doing lots of practice before hunting this fall. Will be putting a Leupold scope on it.

Glad that you have a rifle that you like...As for practice...I'd suggest that once you get it sighted in and shot off the bench a bit , that you be sure to practice shooting off the bench as well.
Practice :
Off hand ...
In bad lighting / weather..
If possible in the area that you wish to hunt in...
When you are tired . cold , wet and hungry...
Good luck to you and happy shooting...!
Andy

Definitely good advice from Andy.

Try hitting at 2-3 hundred using a upright rest like a pole to replicate a tree.

That is if your brushing it.

Congrats, I'm glad you made a decision. But the Weatherby isn't better than the Tikka.

Enjoy.

Glad that you have a rifle that you like...As for practice...I'd suggest that once you get it sighted in and shot off the bench a bit , that you be sure to practice shooting off the bench as well.
Practice :
Off hand ...
In bad lighting / weather..
If possible in the area that you wish to hunt in...
When you are tired . cold , wet and hungry...
Good luck to you and happy shooting...!
Andy

In between the lines of what @AndyinEverson said about being cold (convulsive teeth chattering cold), wet (COMPLETELY soaked with pale prune skin), hungry ("hangry" & super horny)..... hello, hello Infantry! :D

Did the Guy at sales counter say wby is better than the tikka?
I really hope it's not 6.5-300 for a newb or someone that was concerned about cost. Lol.
Either way, way to come through. Nice purchase and safe hunting

Last Edited:
View attachment 585403
Many of you gave input, and I appreciate your suggestions. It came down to Tikka and Weatherby, and I chose the Weatherby because it is better made. The plastic trigger assembly on the Tikka was not impressive. Weatherby makes an awesome rifle! I will be doing lots of practice before hunting this fall. Will be putting a Leupold scope on it.
That plastic trigger guard is one of the reasons a T3 is a pound and a half lighter than the Badlands. Great lookin rifle, have fun with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top