Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My first case failure

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by skud_dusty, Sep 18, 2011.

1. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

At the range today shooting my Glock 30. Using my AA conversion and shooting Remington Golden Bullets I heard a louder than normal pop and felt my face get hit with debris. Looking at the pistol it appeared to have a double feed, but a case was stuck in the chamber with the whole end blown off. I had a minor burn on my thumb, but that was the extent of the damage. Kit ran fine after I fished out the blown out case. Always wear your safety glasses! Thankfully I was wearing mine and my cheeks were the only thing that got hit.

xkanV.jpg

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I've had several case head separations using remington .22 ammo, although most have been with the thunderbolt. I stopped buying Remington bulk and went back to federal, CCI, or Blazer bulk...

3. Markjz

Markjz Longview, WA Member

is it just me or am I starting to notice a bad trend with Remington ammo?

4. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

I was asking myself the same question as i read the OP! Glad to hear the damage wasn't to bad!

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Nope - me too. I have about four boxes of Remington left and when it is gone I'll wait for the thread on the .22 ammo that everyone thinks is the best and start there. I am experiencing more 'duds' lately with Remington ammo than ever before in my 'shooting' life.