JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm with DFuller on this one, I like game animals for the flavor, and purity of their meat, all natural, no steroids, fillers, or additives. I like fruits and vegetables too!

For me hunting is less about ego and more of a step back in time. Which is why I look for like minded forums, if I was a vegetarian, I would be on a different forum.

Wait!?!?!?!?! this isn't the vegan forum?

Sheepdip, for the same reason I hunt every other animal that I do, because they eat real good.
I wont hunt spring bear because the meat isnt near as good, but I wont take a poke at those who choose to do so. I will never hunt behind dogs or over bait yet if its legal for those in other areas then that's their choice, I on the other hand choose a spot and stalk method.
I have an open invite for you my friend, if your down here on the coast of Oregon any time soon, I'd be glad to have you for a dinner of blackberry and apple fed bear steak that has been smoked and BBQ,d or prepared any way you prefer, I believe I could make a bear hunter out of you, but if after tasting the reason I choose to hunt them you still wish not to, well that's your choice. Stay well.
John.
Salmonriverjohn
Hunting with dogs isn't understood by most, every one thinks the bear climbs the first tree and the dogs keep it there till someone comes along to shoot it.
That's a fairytale. Truth is it is dangerously hard work that can go on for days. You get to meet up with the mad bear on the ground at times or wile he is backtracking full tilt straight at you. Treeing a bear long enough to shoot it is everybody's hope. It does not always work out that way.
I have seen many bear wile hunting, since the dogs were voted out in Oregon. It is nice to find them. But honestly I just can.t bring myself to kill one without the fight.
With all due respect John
To me it would be like shooth=ing a blind dog.

No intention to hijack this post - working 4 u Congratulations on the successful hunt.
Silver Hand

Salmonriverjohn
Hunting with dogs isn't understood by most, every one thinks the bear climbs the first tree and the dogs keep it there till someone comes along to shoot it.
That's a fairytale. Truth is it is dangerously hard work that can go on for days. You get to meet up with the mad bear on the ground at times or wile he is backtracking full tilt straight at you. Treeing a bear long enough to shoot it is everybody's hope. It does not always work out that way.
I have seen many bear wile hunting, since the dogs were voted out in Oregon. It is nice to find them. But honestly I just can.t bring myself to kill one without the fight.
With all due respect John
To me it would be like shooth=ing a blind dog.

No intention to hijack this post - working 4 u Congratulations on the successful hunt.
Silver Hand

My friend, I'm in your corner and voted for your way of hunting. I've made my own choice and wont make that choice for others. I know full well It's hard dangerous work as I have a few bear and cat men that are good friends of mine, and there aint a one of them that are carrying many extra pounds around their waist.

Well I like to watch dogs work as much as anybody does,but I just don't get sending 3,4,5 dogs out after one animal and then killing it after the dogs have run it ragged.
And come on,that's the way dogs work.They out last the animal,run it till it worn out,running off it's last breath.
If it's a problem bear,I say cool. Otherwise I think it's stupid.
Sorry,I don't have to agree that everyone should be able to hunt how they see fit.
I have watched lots of videos of dog hunts of every kind. Hogs,bear,cougar.
One guy looks so happy that he got to shoot a cougar out of the top of a barren tree, 30-40 feet off the ground with no obstructions. WOW
And all he had to do was tromp through the woods to the sound of the dogs.
Dangerous? How so? You aren't ready to shoot the animal? Not fit enough to follow the dogs? 2-3 guys and 4-5 dogs and that's dangerous?
Bet everyone has at least 2 guns on them at all times.
And you torment the animal for a few days? Holly shyte

One guy on another site said he killed a cougar for killing his dog.
WTF?
You send an inferior animal into a killing machine's territory,and the killer kills your dog...that YOU sent(reads it's YOUR fault not the dominant animal's fault) into the said animals territory he instinctively protects.As he would protect himself.
Now had the cat came into his yard and attacked his dog,I wouldn't call his statement stupid.

I think they should leave the dog hunting down south for those folks.

I know I know
So many people want to record their every move,I won't even have to leave the house to know how unsporting some hunting methods are.

Now sitting against a tree and calling them in?
That might get me outta my chair!:s0155:

I know I know
So many people want to record their every move,I won't even have to leave the house to know how unsporting some hunting methods are.

Now sitting against a tree and calling them in?
That might get me outta my chair!:s0155:

I had a long tail come up on my six to within 30 feet and didn't get a bullet in it a couple years back while calling, damned if that don't cause a pucker factor. The take away for me was that I need a second set of eyes covering my six,, whew that was a close one:s0001:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top