JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just received my upper yesterday, installed the MOE handguard, MBUS rear sight, now the build is complete.
20140304_085856.jpg
The deets:
PSA CHF 14.7" barrel, pinned/welded birdcage, A2 profile, 1/7" twist, mid-length gas
PSA lower, PSA lpk, ALG ACT trigger (crisp!)
Magpul OD MOE+ grip, fixed rifle stock, mid-length hand guard, MBUS rear sight.

I'm not completely in love with the barrel length/fixed stock relationship as they look a little mismatched, but I definitely wanted a fixed stock for this build. I may end up grabbing one of the free-float uppers if PSA has another good sale on a mid-gas version.

Besides an enhanced front sight post, the only thing I'm missing is a good sling. I don’t have an overwhelming desire for 1-point capability, 2-point is fine.
Option #1: standard military-type woven through the integrated loops on fsb and buttstock. Advantage is this the only option that requires no additional hardware. Disadvantage is it is harder to attach or remove.
Option #2: install QD attach point on buttstock and MSA loop on handguard, or small rail section with rail-mount QD point. This would involve a MS1/MS3 sling with with QD adapter on one end and paraclip or QD on other. This gets a little spendy with all the adapters and attach points. Magpul slings aren't cheap either.

What are some other good options? What are some good alternatives to Magpul that cost less but with similar options? The biggest hangup here is that the rifle stock only has places to attach QD sockets. I know you can get loops/rings that attach to QD but you have to buy the socket first anyway so might as well attach sling directly to that.

Ideas?

20140304_085856.jpg

Thanks.
I'm definitely looking to stay away from something like the rear sling adapter. The hook attachments look good, except nowhere to attach to the buttstock.
The Magpul RSA is good but they also make the MSA that bults right to the MOE handguard with no need for a rail section. They also make one just like the RSA that has a QD socket instead of clip attachment point.

So you have the MOE fixed rifle stock and handguard?

Im running the MOE handguard rifle length with A2 buttstock on my 20" bushy. Ya I should have gotten the RSA that plugs directly to the handguard over needing the rail piece....those ITW clash hooks seem handy though, a lot cheaper than some of those other sling attachment options. I have really decided on the MS1, looks like a really nice setup with a easy to use slider to adjust the sling

plug a QD socket into the stock then attach a itw clash hook on a MS1 & the rsa QD that goes on the handguard..sounds like a good setup

Last Edited:
The stock looks fine . Is all the good looking pics or ARs with collapsible stocks the stock is in the collapsed position. When the collapsible stock is extended it looks butt [pun?] ugly as well. To add,,, nobody ever owns just 1 AR.

Last Edited:
nice lookin build! I just started a spikes build and I'm gonna go with a midlength as well. As far as a sling IDK I still haven't put a sling on my first build yet either so I am also in the market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top